Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-29, 21:43)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to use this addon without much success-I tried to load the suggested "Thai" xmltv file- see snippet of log file below-- also tried a local xmltv file which works with freeguide.
Tried on 2 different pc's -first win 10 with kodi 16 second with kodi 17

---- 8< -----

Please try to use a pastebin website for those longer log copies. Uploading your text/logs will make processing and reading them much easier. Thanks in advance.
star rating is defined in the xmltv.dtd so i dont know why it would cause import problems,unless kodi doesnt like it?

<!-- 'Star rating' - many listings guides award a programme a score as
a quick guide to how good it is. The value of this element should be
'N / M', for example one star out of a possible five stars would be
'1 / 5'. Zero stars is also a possible score (and not the same as
'unrated'). You should try to map whatever wacky system your listings
source uses to a number of stars: so for example if they have thumbs
up, thumbs sideways and thumbs down, you could map that to two, one or
zero stars out of two. Whitespace between the numbers and slash is
ignored.
-->
i check this xml and its like this..
<star-rating>
<value>1.9 /10</value>
</star-rating>

according to the dtd the space should'nt matter but who know for sure..
this file was generate by webgrab.i also use it but i remove this info with the rex post processor.i also add the year to the end of the title,director,actor to description and stuff like this that kodi does'nt display.
(2017-07-29, 23:25)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-29, 21:43)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to use this addon without much success-I tried to load the suggested "Thai" xmltv file- see snippet of log file below-- also tried a local xmltv file which works with freeguide.
Tried on 2 different pc's -first win 10 with kodi 16 second with kodi 17

---- 8< -----

Please try to use a pastebin website for those longer log copies. Uploading your text/logs will make processing and reading them much easier. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for that in future will use pastebin
(2017-07-29, 23:17)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-29, 22:56)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing you're using this http://thaisatellite.tv/ftv/guide.xmltv and it is falling over on the <star-rating> which is a field I'm not familiar with. Primaeval will know better than me though of course Smile
using http://thaisatellite.tv/ftv/guide_ukbasic.xmltv
I also have a xmltv file generated with webgrab++ from tv.sky.com . This file also gives same parse error "mismatched tag: line 6, column 2"
This leads me to believe that error has nothing to do with xmltv file used something in configuration seems to be amiss!
Thanx

The only one I could get working in ftv guide and TV Guide Fullscreen was guide_usukbasic.xmltv which worked ok for me.

There have been problems with reading some xmltv files in the past but I thought they were all fixed.

Which version of Kodi are you using? Post the line near the top of your kodi.log file or the whole log if it doesn't contain banned addons.
Code:
Starting Kodi (16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53). Platform: Windows NT x86 32-bit

There might be a problem with the xml or regex libraries in your version that need a workaround.
Starting Kodi (16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53). Platform: Windows NT x86 32-bit
Same as what is mentioned above
(2017-07-29, 23:52)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]Starting Kodi (16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53). Platform: Windows NT x86 32-bit

You might have been unlucky and got something stuck in the TVGF database.

Seeing as you are on windows try going round the back and deleting everything in here apart from setting.xml
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen
which is probably in your %appdata% folder.
C:\Users\xx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\

Maybe even delete the settings and only put the ukus xml file in as a source.
"Starting Kodi (17.3 Git:20170524-147cec4). Platform: Windows NT x86 32-bit"
Also using above Kodi 17.3 gives similar error
(2017-07-30, 00:03)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]"Starting Kodi (17.3 Git:20170524-147cec4). Platform: Windows NT x86 32-bit"
Also using above Kodi 17.3 gives similar error

Is that with the us/uk file guide_usukbasic.xmltv and everything cleaned out of the addon_data folder?

If it is post the kodi.log or pm me it if it contains sensitive stuff.
(2017-07-29, 23:57)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-29, 23:52)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]Starting Kodi (16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53). Platform: Windows NT x86 32-bit

Seeing as you are on windows try going round the back and deleting everything in here apart from setting.xml

Deleted as you requested
Loaded my xmltv file no errors however only channel names are visible-- no program times not sure why --I am new to this so maybe I should play around a bit and understand all the options
You mentioned load "ukus xml" --where is this file located.
Thanx for your help however I am still not sure why only Channel names appear
(2017-07-30, 00:31)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-29, 23:57)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

Deleted as you requested
Loaded my xmltv file no errors however only channel names are visible-- no program times not sure why --I am new to this so maybe I should play around a bit and understand all the options
You mentioned load "ukus xml" --where is this file located.
Thanx for your help however I am still not sure why only Channel names appear

http://thaisatellite.tv/ftv/guide_usukbasic.xmltv

The uk only one didn't have any program information for today which is why you are only seeing channels.

This is probably the most complicated tv guide in kodiland but you get lots of options to customize it just the way you like.

I added a lot of information about the Settings in the Wiki last week which might help.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...creen/wiki
Quote:This is probably the most complicated tv guide in kodiland but you get lots of options to customize it just the way you like
That's why I fancy it but I have a lot to understand
Thanx
Quote:This is probably the most complicated tv guide in kodiland but you get lots of options to customize it just the way you like.

i dont think a single sentence could describe it better.
other than the few things you helped me with i am very satisfied.
i think i would prefer it over iptv sinple client just for the extra setup options.
My guide.xmltv works fine with windows freeguide java app however still get only channel names without contents using tvguide fullscreen with my guide.xmltv as input!
Any ideas --this looks very promising
Thanx for any help!
(2017-07-30, 01:03)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]My guide.xmltv works fine with windows freeguide java app however still get only channel names without contents using tvguide fullscreen with my guide.xmltv as input!
Any ideas --this looks very promising
Thanx for any help!
I think you might have missed this part Smile

Quote:The uk only one didn't have any program information for today which is why you are only seeing channels.
you need to map ur channels to your m3u,i assume your using webrab?
for example...
if my m3u has..
#EXTINF:-1 ,UK: BBC 1 HD
then in my webgrab++config.xml i change the xmltv_id value and display value to..
<channel update="i" site="uk-sky.com" site_id="2076" xmltv_id="UK: BBC 1 HD">UK: BBC 1 HD</channel>

most times only the display name needs to match(name between >xxx<) but u usually change the xmltv_id="xxx" to match for simplicity.