Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-30, 01:03)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]My guide.xmltv works fine with windows freeguide java app however still get only channel names without contents using tvguide fullscreen with my guide.xmltv as input!
Any ideas --this looks very promising
Thanx for any help!

pm me or post your settings.xml file and I'll have a look.
Driving me crazy --Mapped channels as per Blackbear99 using my own guide.xmltv generated by Webgrab++.
Channel names displayed no time contents displayed!!
When program opens I get popup "loading data"
In addon folder source.db is about 1meg -mapping.m3u is correct xmltv.xml is also correct
Maybe a font problem --tried all morning to get epg displayed without success
PLS help--- app really looks great if I can overcome this "hitch"! !
Thanx
(2017-07-30, 12:02)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]Driving me crazy --Mapped channels as per Blackbear99 using my own guide.xmltv generated by Webgrab++.
Channel names displayed no time contents displayed!!
When program opens I get popup "loading data"
In addon folder source.db is about 1meg -mapping.m3u is correct xmltv.xml is also correct
Maybe a font problem --tried all morning to get epg displayed without success
PLS help--- app really looks great if I can overcome this "hitch"! !
Thanx

The fonts shouldn't be a problem unless you've really been trying to tweak things.

Most of these sorts of problems are due to a unicode bug.

zip up your addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen folder and send me a link in a pm.

There are really too many things that could go wrong to diagnose it without some data.
Usually there is a clue in kodi.log but you still haven't added a link to that.
@smbs I think I've fixed it in 0.0.358.

Your xmltv file had dates in it without a timezone offset. The parsing code just returned Null.
I've added a fix that seems to work.

@Blackbear199 Do you know if this is due to something new in Webgrab+Plus or have we just not seen dates like that before?

Usual dates:
Code:
<programme start="20170731180000 -0400" stop="20170731183000 -0400" channel="2454">
smbs dates:
Code:
<programme start="20170730030000" stop="20170730040000" channel="SkySp PL HD">
i suspect hes using the WG2MP.exe utility.
this is run after webgrab is done,its a separate program all together,it corrects all time to local time(pc time that its run on) but it removes the time offset.
it was originally made for media portal users(hence the name wg 2 mp) as it didnt use the offset.

i also use this but i run everything in a script and add the offsets back in..

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#__Update_Epg_Data__
/raid/module/mono/sys/bin/mono /raid/NAS_WebGrab/IPTV/WebGrab+Plus.exe "/raid/NAS_WebGrab/IPTV"

#__Adjust_To_Local_Time__
/raid/module/mono/sys/bin/mono /raid/NAS_WebGrab/IPTV/WG2MP.exe /raid/NAS_WebGrab/IPTV/rex/rex_guide.xml /raid/NAS_WebGrab/IPTV/http/wg_guide_temp.xml

#__Get Current_TimeOffset__
offset=$(date +%z)

#__Add_TimeOffset__
sed -r "s/start=\"([0-9]{14})\" stop=\"([0-9]{14})\"/start=\"\1 $offset\" stop=\"\2 $offset\"/g" < /raid/NAS_WebGrab/IPTV/http/wg_guide_temp.xml > /raid/NAS_WebGrab/IPTV/http/wg_guide.xml

rm /raid/NAS_WebGrab/IPTV/http/wg_guide_temp.xml

exit
correct I use WG2MP.exe utility.
In the xmltv dtd you can have some very wacky dates. Please don't do this or your xmltv will super fail!
http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/.../xmltv.dtd

Code:
All dates and times in this DTD follow the same format, loosely based
on ISO 8601.  They can be 'YYYYMMDDhhmmss' or some initial
substring, for example if you only know the year and month you can
have 'YYYYMM'.  You can also append a timezone to the end; if no
explicit timezone is given, UTC is assumed.  Examples:
'200007281733 BST', '200209', '19880523083000 +0300'.  (BST == +0100.)
Ok -I think I have sorted it
I used xmltv .tv file I had before running the WG2MP.exe utility on it I get output as expected
Thanx
(2017-07-30, 13:32)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]Ok -I think I have sorted it
I used xmltv .tv file I had before running the WG2MP.exe utility on it I get output as expected
Thanx

Have you tried the new version 0.0.358 of TV Guide Fullscreen?
You seem to miss my posts for some reason.
@primaeval
Thanx for all your hard work
As stated in earlier post using my guide.xmltv file without using WG2MP.exe utility in version 0.0.357 the times are correct locally.
I have now tried 0.0.358 with guide.xmltv after being processed by WG2MP.exe utility ( my original file which gave all the problems) and times are incorrect in my case as I am GMT +3 a program which should start at 13:00 local time appears as starting in epg at 16:00
Hope you understand what I mean
Many thanx again --the problem is not serious as once I understand the problem I will sort it out myself!
(2017-07-30, 14:30)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval
Thanx for all your hard work
As stated in earlier post using my guide.xmltv file without using WG2MP.exe utility in version 0.0.357 the times are correct locally.
I have now tried 0.0.358 with guide.xmltv after being processed by WG2MP.exe utility ( my original file which gave all the problems) and times are incorrect in my case as I am GMT +3 a program which should start at 13:00 local time appears as starting in epg at 16:00
Hope you understand what I mean
Many thanx again --the problem is not serious as once I understand the problem I will sort it out myself!

Good. I've had endless hours of fun working out what is going on with all the time zone corrections.
It gets really fun when some of the corrections are going through a vpn to another country's timezone and some aren't.
I'm getting "It was ot possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..." I use a custom xml file, but I believe I've been using the same file. Not sure what's happening. I don't want to reset the database because I spent so much time reordering channels that I don't want to lose the channel order.
it can be a confusing subject.
i've asked the webgrab creators to consider adding a timezone option to the config file(essentially incorporating wg2mp.exe functions) but have the abililty to select what the epg times are converted to.
i proposed 3 options...Local,UTC and Site..

Local - local time of pc that webgrab is run on
UTC - self explainatory
Site - no time correction,data keeps time offset it was grabbed with.

or they may choose to allow any vaild timezone setting as a option(webgrab contains a worldwide timezone list).
wheather or not it will be added is upto them.
try select under source reset on start.this will reload your files.it wont affect setting.
disable it again so it doesnt do it every startup or u will have to wait for data to load everytime.
(2017-07-30, 21:39)eric859 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting "It was ot possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..." I use a custom xml file, but I believe I've been using the same file. Not sure what's happening. I don't want to reset the database because I spent so much time reordering channels that I don't want to lose the channel order.

It might be because of the xmltv change I've done today.
pm me a link to your xmltv file and I'll have a look.
Don't forget to backup your source.db file just in case.