Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-30, 21:44)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-30, 21:39)eric859 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting "It was ot possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..." I use a custom xml file, but I believe I've been using the same file. Not sure what's happening. I don't want to reset the database because I spent so much time reordering channels that I don't want to lose the channel order.

It might be because of the xmltv change I've done today.
pm me a link to your xmltv file and I'll have a look.
Don't forget to backup your source.db file just in case.
Also started getting same error but called it a day!
when i check for updates it shows i'm using 0.17.358 so how can 0.0.358 be a update?
mind u its selectable between the 2 so i hanv'nt tried 0.0.358.
i dont need to as 0.17.358 is working perfect for me.
i dont even need to shut down kodi or restart like with iptv simple client for the epg to update.i simply exit TVGF and leave it on the home page.
every time i select it the guides always populated(i do have it set to update in the background).
so other than this not being a pvr client(to use kodi's built in epg) i think it rocks.
(2017-07-31, 00:57)Blackbear199 Wrote: [ -> ]when i check for updates it shows i'm using 0.17.358 so how can 0.0.358 be a update?
mind u its selectable between the 2 so i hanv'nt tried 0.0.358.
i dont need to as 0.17.358 is working perfect for me.
i dont even need to shut down kodi or restart like with iptv simple client for the epg to update.i simply exit TVGF and leave it on the home page.
every time i select it the guides always populated(i do have it set to update in the background).
so other than this not being a pvr client(to use kodi's built in epg) i think it rocks.

0.0.358 is for Jarvis. 0.17.358 is for Krypton.
Both work on Krypton but 0.17.358 is needed for Leia.
They've changed some of the functions for the xml windows, which are depreciated in Krypton and removed in Leia.
Seeing as they have broken the HLS stream functionality in Krypton I'm sticking with Jarvis as much as I can.
But the https code is broken for an increasing amount of sites in Jarvis so it's time is coming to an end.
There are also millions of Android boxes out there that can't upgrade to Krypton including some in my house.
(2017-07-30, 21:39)eric859 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting "It was ot possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..." I use a custom xml file, but I believe I've been using the same file. Not sure what's happening. I don't want to reset the database because I spent so much time reordering channels that I don't want to lose the channel order.

Your mc2xml xmltv file has illegal xml characters in it.

Code:
<channel id="A&E Network (East)">
should be
Code:
<channel id="A&amp;E Network (East)">

Follow this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2394296

Quote:This worked for me:
mc2xml -c gb -g "SW1X 7LA"
tick: -U -u -F
ok
9. Freeview - Crystal Palace

I think it is the -U option that is the most important.
@eric859
I would recommend you make your own xmltv files.
The mc2xml ones are huge and take ages to load.

Have you had a look at my WebGrab+Plus Configurator?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...id=2389809

It is one of the easiest ways to get started with WebGrab+Plus.
I need to upgrade some of the default paths for WebGrab+Plus 2.0 though, so be careful following the tutorials.

I don't know if @Blackbear199 knows any easier ways.
Please forgive but trying hard to understand and learn.
I want to use channel shortcut digits.
I can either use channel id in xmltv as channel number or manually edit file channel_id_shortcut.ini
Looking at contents of channel_id_shortcut.ini I notice that channels changed by using xmltv id have channel numbers on left side-these
shortcuts work.
However channels which where changed using shortcut editor have numbers on the right side and don't seem to work.
What am I missing?
Another question regarding Channel Shortcut Digits if defined as 3 why must I input 001 before going to channel #1.?
Inputting 1 alone and after a certain timeout with no key pressed should take me to channel #1
Thanx
(2017-07-31, 13:49)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]Please forgive but trying hard to understand and learn.
I want to use channel shortcut digits.
I can either use channel id in xmltv as channel number or manually edit file channel_id_shortcut.ini
Looking at contents of channel_id_shortcut.ini I notice that channels changed by using xmltv id have channel numbers on left side-these
shortcuts work.
However channels which where changed using shortcut editor have numbers on the right side and don't seem to work.
What am I missing?
Another question regarding Channel Shortcut Digits if defined as 3 why must I input 001 before going to channel #1.?
Inputting 1 alone and after a certain timeout with no key pressed should take me to channel #1
Thanx

Channel Shortcuts are quite complicated.

It was complicated enough to write the code without dealing with timeouts and variable numbers of digits.

If you have "Channel Shortcut Type" as "xmltv id" the shortcut numbers should work as long as you have made them with the correct number of digits in "Channel shortcut digits".

You can use the "Channel Number Shortcut" dialog if you only want to use less digits.
There is a button for it called "num" and an action called "CHANNEL_DIALOG" which is mapped to the mouse middle button by default.
You can use another button if you want in the Action Editor or Kodi "Keymap Editor" addon.
Fine I understand but does the shortcut editor work?
Thanx
(2017-07-31, 14:22)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]Fine I understand but does the shortcut editor work?
Thanx

It did a few weeks ago when I tested it last.
Something looks wrong now.
I'll try to work out what.
(2017-07-31, 14:39)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 14:22)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]Fine I understand but does the shortcut editor work?
Thanx

It did a few weeks ago when I tested it last.
Something looks wrong now.
I'll try to work out what.

It does still work but you have to get it to reload the channel information by doing a "Reset on Start" which will mess up your channel re-numbering.

The only thing I can really recommend is making your own xmltv file with your channel numbering order and xmltv ids baked in.
That's exactly what I did but a bit inconvenient shortcut editor would be great if it worked!
Anyway many thanx
(2017-07-31, 16:34)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]That's exactly what I did but a bit inconvenient shortcut editor would be great if it worked!
Anyway many thanx

It does work as long as you do the "Reset on Start" after you edit the channels in the "Shortcut Editor".

[EDIT] I can't see an easy way to change that but if I do I'll let you know.
Many thanx
(2017-07-31, 08:45)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

Your mc2xml xmltv file has illegal xml characters in it.

Code:
<channel id="A&E Network (East)">
should be
Code:
<channel id="A&amp;E Network (East)">

Follow this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2394296

Quote:This worked for me:
mc2xml -c gb -g "SW1X 7LA"
tick: -U -u -F
ok
9. Freeview - Crystal Palace

I think it is the -U option that is the most important.

Woops! That's my fault. I kinda hack an xmltv file from multiple timezones on Sched Dir using mc2xml, then to match the channels in my m3u8 file, I use a sed like utility to rename the Channel ID's in the xmltv file to match the ones in the M3u8 file. It works for Kodi. I haven't looked at Webgrab+. Can that more easily do what I'm doing in my script? Anyway, it works now!!! Thanks again!!!
Is it possibe to use the channel order in the m3u file as the channel order in TVGuide Fullscreen? I order it the way I want to view it in Kodi and I select the option to "Use Channel Order From Backend(s)" and it orders it exactly the way it's in the m3u8 file.