Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-15, 09:01)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]mc2xml did not work for me, Microsoft Legacy option gave me an error I am in the UK, all other options wanted passwords :-)

There are some other sources around if you ask Google. Some of the other tv guide forks download their own xmltv file into their userdata folder.

The best way, in my opinion, is just to make your own with just the channels you like.
(2016-08-15, 09:05)Varming Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the Ruya XL addon (from http://www.ruyatv.co.uk/) but when I link to channel to the addon (with the browse function) it only works for a short period, the next day I have to link to channels again. I think maybe it's because of the way you link the channels to the EPG

They must encode the day's link in the plugin url.

There is a command: "Settings \ Optional \ Refresh Addon Folders" if you have already added them with "Add Folder".

There are lots of tricks addon devs use to stop people copying their stream urls.
It even ended up in a stupid war a few months ago with some devs using malicious code to delete other addons who used their links.
It is not all unicorns and rainbows in kodiland sometimes. Wink
(2016-08-15, 09:01)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]mc2xml did not work for me, Microsoft Legacy option gave me an error I am in the UK, all other options wanted passwords :-)

I have spotted a bug with the mc2xml files. I'll see if I can fix it.
- fix for xmltv files with brackets in their names

@Jeffers24 This should fix the mc2xml files.

This worked for me:
mc2xml -c gb -g "SW1X 7LA"
tick: -U -u -F
ok
9. Freeview - Crystal Palace
(2016-08-15, 09:12)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-15, 09:05)Varming Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the Ruya XL addon (from http://www.ruyatv.co.uk/) but when I link to channel to the addon (with the browse function) it only works for a short period, the next day I have to link to channels again. I think maybe it's because of the way you link the channels to the EPG

There is a command: "Settings \ Optional \ Refresh Addon Folders" if you have already added them with "Add Folder".

There are lots of tricks addon devs use to stop people copying their stream urls.
It even ended up in a stupid war a few months ago with some devs using malicious code to delete other addons who used their links.

This also explains some of the issues we pm'd about then Smile I'm trying to reach out to the devs and see if they're able to help - maybe I can find just a little unicorn in that part of Kodiland Smile

Quick thought: On the wishlist an "Auto Refresh Addon Folders" setting could be a possibility.
(2016-08-15, 12:26)Varming Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-15, 09:12)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

This also explains some of the issues we pm'd about then Smile I'm trying to reach out to the devs and see if they're able to help - maybe I can find just a little unicorn in that part of Kodiland Smile

Quick thought: On the wishlist an "Auto Refresh Addon Folders" setting could be a possibility.

- addon folder refresh timer setting

Here you go. There is a Setting in Startup to refresh the Addon Folders on the timer.

Beware that it won't change the channel mapping.
You will have to remove the channel and re-add it if it fails.

Also beware that some addons change the layout of the folder you are viewing, might pop-up interactive dialog boxes and may even stop the video player.
(2016-08-15, 14:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]0.0.60

Here you go. There is a Setting in Startup to refresh the Addon Folders on the timer.

Also beware that some addons change the layout of the folder you are viewing, might pop-up interactive dialog boxes and may even stop the video player.

Boom - that was fast! Smile I will test and report back. All the Ruya addons seem to work the same so this could help a lot of users of that service.
This morning I tried to change the source for Yesterday, when I got back to tvguide fullscreen the channel logo was for 5USA. I guess that logo handling thing is still lurking.
(2016-08-15, 17:55)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]This morning I tried to change the source for Yesterday, when I got back to tvguide fullscreen the channel logo was for 5USA. I guess that logo handling thing is still lurking.

It might well be. There is a maze of logic for all the different logo sources.

Could you have a look in the icons.ini file in userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen and see if the streams are pointing to the wrong icons and maybe have a look in the source.db to see if the channel mapping is wrong.
You could use this http://sqlitebrowser.org/

5USA is so far off Yesterday that I have no idea what is wrong unless your addon swapped its stream urls overnight.
- skin tweaks (Default, pip, Dark)

I've incorporated lots of ideas from iainmacleod and im85288 into the Default and pip skins so it looks a lot more polished and conventional.
Many thanks to them and I hope they will keep up with the skinning development. Great stuff. Smile
(2016-08-15, 21:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]0.0.62

I've incorporated lots of ideas from iainmacleod and im85288 into the Default and pip skins so it looks a lot more polished and conventional.
Many thanks to them and I hope they will keep up with the skinning development. Great stuff. Smile

Nice stuff, thought I would test quickly and I do like how a lot of the cyan text has gone from the Default skin. A couple of observations though, the Dark and Default look identical to me now? And pressing info on the Dark skin causes the addon to crash.
(2016-08-15, 21:50)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-15, 21:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]0.0.62

Nice stuff, thought I would test quickly and I do like how a lot of the cyan text has gone from the Default skin. A couple of observations though, the Dark and Default look identical to me now? And pressing info on the Dark skin causes the addon to crash.

- Dark skin is out for a while until fixed (due to some code changes)
- please change your skin if you used it

Thanks for the report. I've taken the Dark skin out until I've tested it thoroughly. I made some code changes earlier that might have broken it.

Default has taken a lot of changes from Dark, so you should be able to see the similarities.

I personally found the cyan text nice and calming, especially at night. It wasn't very conventional, but then again I'm not always that conventional myself. Smile
I'll make myself a nice cyan skin sometime when the addon is more solid.
(2016-08-15, 22:08)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I personally found the cyan text nice and calming, especially at night. It wasn't very conventional, but then again I'm not always that conventional myself. Smile
I'll make myself a nice cyan skin sometime when the addon is more solid.

Thanks for the quick fix, that's the thing with skins everyone has there own preferences (just like women Wink)
(2016-08-15, 14:33)Varming Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-15, 14:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]0.0.60

Boom - that was fast! Smile I will test and report back. All the Ruya addons seem to work the same so this could help a lot of users of that service.

Have tested - even after a few hours the channel mapping is invalid again. So the addons.ini free thing sounded good but is a no-go with the Ruya plugins.
I have put in a pull request for my fixes. No idea how I removed a chunk of code. I am not able to test the add-on feature in the stream setup - doesnt appear to work for me. Please let me know if you see anything else needing changes.

I wasn't a fan of cyan at first, but I see that the default skin in Kodi uses isn't for highlights too.

Sent from my OnePlus 2