Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-12-09, 21:00)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-09, 20:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure there isn't another deeper level of "Live Channels" that you could have added with "Add Folder"? 
If I go one level deeper, it shows "Live Channels" as the name of the stream in the list when I'm trying to add a folder. If I right click on that, the only option I have is "Add to favorites". If I left click on it, it will play the stream. 
(2017-12-09, 20:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]How does it show you the actual streams in the addon: by dialog or by listing? 
When I go through the PlayOn Browser add-on, it is shown in a list and is displayed with Live AMC - Blazing Saddles as the list item instead of "Live Channels" which is displayed in Stream Searcher. 
 I've added a hack in the code to pull the name from the url if it is from the playon addon.
Could you test if it works. It is in the playon branch of this addon in github.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...ree/playon
It might be best to continue this conversation in github if you can.
(2017-12-09, 21:37)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-09, 21:00)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-09, 20:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure there isn't another deeper level of "Live Channels" that you could have added with "Add Folder"? 
If I go one level deeper, it shows "Live Channels" as the name of the stream in the list when I'm trying to add a folder. If I right click on that, the only option I have is "Add to favorites". If I left click on it, it will play the stream. 
(2017-12-09, 20:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]How does it show you the actual streams in the addon: by dialog or by listing? 
When I go through the PlayOn Browser add-on, it is shown in a list and is displayed with Live AMC - Blazing Saddles as the list item instead of "Live Channels" which is displayed in Stream Searcher.  
 I've added a hack in the code to pull the name from the url if it is from the playon addon.
Could you test if it works. It is in the playon branch of this addon in github.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...ree/playon
It might be best to continue this conversation in github if you can. 
Unfortunately it's the same result. When I add "AMC" as a channel, it is not finding it and the cache.json is still showing "Live Channels" in the second item.

I'd be more than happy to move this over to github. I added the issue here: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...r/issues/1
plugin.video.stream.searcher

version 0.0.7
- fix for plugin.video.playonbrowser (Add channels at "Live Channels" level)
I appreciate all the help you provided to get Playon Browser to work with Stream Searcher but unfortunately it's not going to work. The containing folder for PlayOn Browser is dynamic and when it changes, the link that Stream Searcher uses to obtain the stream no longer exists. 

I'm going to generate .strm files using the MyLibrary script for the time being until I have time to look into PseudoLibrary to get it accomplished. 

I wanted to give others a heads up on this before they try to do the same thing that I've done.

Thanks again for working through this with me though.
(2017-12-11, 16:12)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate all the help you provided to get Playon Browser to work with Stream Searcher but unfortunately it's not going to work. The containing folder for PlayOn Browser is dynamic and when it changes, the link that Stream Searcher uses to obtain the stream no longer exists. 

I'm going to generate .strm files using the MyLibrary script for the time being until I have time to look into PseudoLibrary to get it accomplished. 

I wanted to give others a heads up on this before they try to do the same thing that I've done.

Thanks again for working through this with me though.
I've just thought of something. Have you tried Meta4Kodi? That might be able to dig down for your channels if you can write the right player for it.
https://github.com/roee88/meta4kodi
Big fan of TV Guide Fullscreen. Have been using it for months. Is there a way to keep my channel order? If I take the time to sort them using the guide itself it will keep the order only until the next import. I use two xmltv input files and the order of the channels they contain is random. Is there any way to use the existing ini, m3u or xml files to keep my channel order? Thanks again for the awesome work on this add-on, it's great!
(2017-12-12, 03:40)jgraver Wrote: [ -> ]Big fan of TV Guide Fullscreen. Have been using it for months. Is there a way to keep my channel order? If I take the time to sort them using the guide itself it will keep the order only until the next import. I use two xmltv input files and the order of the channels they contain is random. Is there any way to use the existing ini, m3u or xml files to keep my channel order? Thanks again for the awesome work on this add-on, it's great!
 It should preserve the channel order. You haven't got Reset on Start turned on have you?
There are a couple of Settings that force a reset every time.
I just started creating my own skin and had a couple of questions that I couldn't figure out:

On the left side Channel List Column circled in red (line 534 in script-tvguide-main.xml)
  1. Is there a way to create padding on the right side so that if I align the text/images to the right it's not butting up against the rest of the guide?
  2. I tried to change the <texture> (line 552) on the channel list from <texture>black-back.png</texture> to something different but it gets ignored. Is there a way to change this without changing the rest of the guide?
On the right side, circled in yellow, would it be possible to get a third option for date format: 
Abbreviated weekday, Abbreviated Month then Day
Ex.
Thu Dec 14
version 0.0.377
- extra 10 pixels right margin for Channel Name text in main epg
- Settings\Appearance\Custom Date
-   dt is current datetime
-   use python datetime.format eg  {dt:%a %b} {dt.day}

@Doctor Eggs try this.

I've added an extra 10 pixels to the right of the Channel Names.

There is now a Custom Date Format in Settings\Appearance.
See this for all the format codes: https://docs.python.org/2/library/dateti...e-behavior
The datetime variable is called dt so you can get to the dt.day. The %d code only gives you a zero-padded day.
Just popping in to say thanks. Probably seems like a thankless job most of the time, but your hard work and patience with helping others out (including me) is unmatched. TVGFS is fantastic .  Nod
Hello. First thank you for this amazing addon! One of the very best.

Can you (or someone) direct me to a guide on how to import live tv pvr channels into the guide? I see the button that says "IMPORT PVR" but when I click it, nothing happens.

Currently I am associating channels to my guide by adding them to favorites then going to favorites in fullscreen tv to associate them, however this is cumbersome and time consuming, and I think I may be missing a much more efficient method.

Any advice on importing the entire live tv pvr contents into the addon at one time would be welcome.

Thank you
(2017-12-18, 20:13)doktourtv Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. First thank you for this amazing addon! One of the very best.

Can you (or someone) direct me to a guide on how to import live tv pvr channels into the guide? I see the button that says "IMPORT PVR" but when I click it, nothing happens.

Currently I am associating channels to my guide by adding them to favorites then going to favorites in fullscreen tv to associate them, however this is cumbersome and time consuming, and I think I may be missing a much more efficient method.

Any advice on importing the entire live tv pvr contents into the addon at one time would be welcome.

Thank you
 Thanks.

The Import PVR button in Stream Setup should work as long as you have enabled the Kodi Web Server in Kodi\Settings\Services and allowed remote access.
The PVR channels get added to the TVGF addon in addons.ini.
If that doesn't work let me know what device and version you are on.
(2017-12-18, 20:36)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-18, 20:13)doktourtv Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. First thank you for this amazing addon! One of the very best.

Thank you
 Thanks.

The Import PVR button in Stream Setup should work as long as you have enabled the Kodi Web Server in Kodi\Settings\Services and allowed remote access.
The PVR channels get added to the TVGF addon in addons.ini.
If that doesn't work let me know what device and version you are on. 
Many thanks, I think I got it now.
You have really done a great job with this addon.
First, THANK YOU!  Love this with my playstation vue subscription.  Their guide it horrible

I am however having an odd issue.  I'm running on both a windows 10 machine and an nvidia shield tv.  Both running same code .377.  Both using the same xmltv file from WG+.  With every skin except the built in Dark skin, I get all the channel names displayed above the logo images in the channel list.  This ONLY happens on the nvidia shield tv and not on windows 10 machine. 

I've tried every setting I can find and I've even copied the entire addon folder from the windows machine to the android machine.

Happy to upload a screen shot if it helps.
(2017-12-19, 01:36)gottahavit Wrote: [ -> ]First, THANK YOU!  Love this with my playstation vue subscription.  Their guide it horrible

I am however having an odd issue.  I'm running on both a windows 10 machine and an nvidia shield tv.  Both running same code .377.  Both using the same xmltv file from WG+.  With every skin except the built in Dark skin, I get all the channel names displayed above the logo images in the channel list.  This ONLY happens on the nvidia shield tv and not on windows 10 machine. 

I've tried every setting I can find and I've even copied the entire addon folder from the windows machine to the android machine.

Happy to upload a screen shot if it helps.

Thanks.

That is strange. 0.17.377 works ok on my Nvidia Shield TV with the default skin on a fairly recent 18alpha build.

Are you sure you've got the 0.17.377 version, not 0.0.377?

There used to be some problem with the Kodi\Settings\Player\Media Codec settings but mine are turned on and it works ok.

Have you got a custom Kodi skin on the shield?

Let me know what Kodi Skin and Kodi version you are using.