Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-04-17, 15:32)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@mzup and @Doctor Eggs what version of Kodi are you running?
I've just lost all my setting for IPTV Recorder when I had to kill Kodi after something hung on Leia.
I know there were a lot of changes to the Kodi settings handling and format fairly recently.
 Krypton 17.6
Trying to get this to work on 17.6 iv put my m3u link under source > xmltv url .... i get loading data from external source but then an error message saying it was not possible to load program date. Is this because i have simple iptv enabled and active? Im worried if i disable that ill loose all my setup from there then for this not to work for me also.

Thanks
xmltv is the epg information file with the programmes in.
m3u is the streams file with all the urls to play your channels.
"Don't cross the streams. ... It would be bad". Wink
Yeh i corrected this put my epg xmltv file in place of that then my m3u link in optional > import m3u > url and then my private sub m3u link is this correct?
You can do it that way but I wouldn't.

If you put the m3u in "Settings\Source\Channel Mappings\Import m3u" it has to exactly match up with your xmltv file.
It also won't let you add in other addons very easily as it gets reset on every restart.

I'd either add it in as an "addons.ini m3u Playlist subscription" or just add it in "Menu\Stream Setup\Import Playlist".

The addons.ini method will do fuzzy channel name matching with your xmltv file and is much more forgiving.

But experiment. It might be just what you need.

Back up your addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen folder and try all the ways of doing it.
There are some output text files there that show you what stream is mapped to what channel.

The heart of the channel mapping is the addons.ini file. So look at what is created there.

Use this to look at the tables in the source.db file.
http://sqlitebrowser.org/
You'll be able to see how the channels from the xmltv file map to your streams in your m3u file.
Is there something else i shouldve downloaded with the guide? Everything im trying as your suggesting still brings back the same error message. I have even disable simple iptv ao nothing to do with that clashing. I have version 0.17.387 of TVGF installed.
Have you managed to load an xmltv file so you can see programs in the epg window?
Its ok think iv sorted it.
(2018-04-17, 15:32)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@mzup and @Doctor Eggs what version of Kodi are you running?
I've just lost all my setting for IPTV Recorder when I had to kill Kodi after something hung on Leia.
I know there were a lot of changes to the Kodi settings handling and format fairly recently.
 I am using a nightly build from 4/13
I haven't looked into it but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Kodi *feature* to reset settings if something disastrous went wrong.
I rarely seem to be able to close Kodi without something hanging and needing to kill the Kodi process.
Many non-Kodi addon services have a long long timeout before they finish as do hung streams.
(2018-04-15, 21:51)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.387
- Provide an alternate background for the channel column in the guide for skins. If the file tvg-alt-channel-column.png exists in the skin/media folder it will be used in the channel names/logos column.
- Allow for notification/autoplay/autoplaywith of only new episodes of a TV show. This requires your xmltv.xml file to have a <new /> tag. 
- Move autoplaywith recordings into separate folders for Movies and TV Shows to provide better library integration.

If you have any questions on this let me know. Since there is a database update in this version, you may need to reload the guide. If it shows up blank, go to Settings >> Source >> Reset on Start = TRUE. Open TVGF and your guide should be reloaded. Just make sure you turn it back off after if you do not want to reset every time you open TVGF.
Okay... This explains why ffmpeg is placing output files in 2 new subfolders.  Primaeval's yet to add v0.0.387 to the changelog. But I'm not seeing how to configure my webgrab++ config xml to create <new></new> tags for new TV show episodes.  It's only writing (?) characters at the end of the show name in the <title> (Name of TV show) (?)</title> tag.  I had to upgrade WG to the v2.1.5 beta recently. Perhaps I should ask about this on the WG forums too.
(2018-04-17, 21:58)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't looked into it but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Kodi *feature* to reset settings if something disastrous went wrong.
I rarely seem to be able to close Kodi without something hanging and needing to kill the Kodi process.
Many non-Kodi addon services have a long long timeout before they finish as do hung streams.
 I can see that as the issue. With Lia alphas my system does hang a lot or lockup when closing.
(2018-04-18, 20:31)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]
- Provide an alternate background for the channel column in the guide for skins. If the file tvg-alt-channel-column.png exists in the skin/media folder it will be used in the channel names/logos column.
- Allow for notification/autoplay/autoplaywith of only new episodes of a TV show. This requires your xmltv.xml file to have a <new /> tag. 
- Move autoplaywith recordings into separate folders for Movies and TV Shows to provide better library integration.

If you have any questions on this let me know. Since there is a database update in this version, you may need to reload the guide. If it shows up blank, go to Settings >> Source >> Reset on Start = TRUE. Open TVGF and your guide should be reloaded. Just make sure you turn it back off after if you do not want to reset every time you open TVGF.
Okay... This explains why ffmpeg is placing output files in 2 new subfolders.  Primaeval's yet to add v0.0.387 to the changelog. But I'm not seeing how to configure my webgrab++ config xml to create <new></new> tags for new TV show episodes.  It's only writing (?) characters at the end of the show name in the <title> (Name of TV show) (?)</title> tag.  I had to upgrade WG to the v2.1.5 beta recently. Perhaps I should ask about this on the WG forums too.  
 I think the (?) in the title indicates some sort of issue with the title. There is a (n) at the end of description but I think that is only an indication on whether it is new to the guide.xml file and not if the episode is new. I haven't found anything on Webgrab++ that shows that it provides *new* indicator.

I know zap2xml supports the <new> tag.

I think mc2xml allows for an * to indicate new but I haven't built that functionality into TVGF to see that as new.

If you find out how Webgrab++ indicates new episodes let me know and I will take a look at adding the ability to TVGF.
(2018-04-19, 15:55)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-18, 20:31)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]

I think the (?) in the title indicates some sort of issue with the title. There is a (n) at the end of description but I think that is only an indication on whether it is new to the guide.xml file and not if the episode is new. I haven't found anything on Webgrab++ that shows that it provides *new* indicator.

I know zap2xml supports the <new> tag.

I think mc2xml allows for an * to indicate new but I haven't built that functionality into TVGF to see that as new.

If you find out how Webgrab++ indicates new episodes let me know and I will take a look at adding the ability to TVGF.             
I think you're right about the (n) at the end of the <description> tag meaning the program is new to the WG guide xml since the last incremental update, and not a newly broadcast episode of the show.

And apparently the (?) at the end of the <title> tag I'm seeing is an issue with how the new v2.1+ beta versions of WG process some of the site.ini files. I'm only seeing this with channel links from a UK site.ini (EDIT: Looking closer, I'm seeing both * and (?) at the end of UK title tags.  I'll try to find out what this means.)

Looking through old guide xml files grabbed with v2.0 where I had used channel links from several different site.ini files, there is an asterisk at the end of many <title>(Program title) *</title> tags that would seem to indicate a new episode of the program.  And I'm seeing the same grabbing data with v2.1.5, at least for channels taken from the US site.ini files.
Evening going to try and give this another go. Does it work in kodi 18?? I need that WMC skin in my life. Iv installed the guide from the link provided. Entered my m3u into import .m3u subscriptions ... put my epg link in xmltv section and when i try to start up the guide it comes up with an error message and quits back out.