Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Try 0.17.391.
I've added an offset to the secondary and tertiary streams in Lab3.
That was speedy. I'll give it a shot in a few hrs. At work right now. Thnx again.
(2018-05-24, 21:12)xDetoursx Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody know what happened to WebGrabPlus?  Was on the website a few days ago and didn't see anything about it being offline for maintenance or anything.  Haven't been able to access it now for a couple of days.
 The main URL for the website is displaying this message for me:

The WebGrab+Plus website is currently under (re)construction. Please come back soon!

So that's encouraging.  Every other link to the website returns the more ominous sounding but understandable:

Server Error
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
(2018-05-24, 21:12)xDetoursx Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody know what happened to WebGrabPlus?  Was on the website a few days ago and didn't see anything about it being offline for maintenance or anything.  Haven't been able to access it now for a couple of days.
 When I go to the site it says this:
" The WebGrab+Plus website is currently under (re)construction. Please come back soon! "
(2018-05-24, 22:13)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Try 0.17.391.
I've added an offset to the secondary and tertiary streams in Lab3.

Updated and seems to be working fine. Couple questions.

1. I have the beta repo installed and it wouldn't update to this version. Had to install the FullScreen zip separately. Should I be using the beta repo or another one?

2. Do you need to always move or rename the source.db and xmltv files for the updates to kick in? When I do this I need to reorder my channels and reassign the links.

Thanks
I did another quick update to 0.17.392 because I missed a word in the settings.
That might have stopped the Kodi update getting the new version.

You shouldn't need to remove the db and xmltv file.
Old channels will stay in the database though unless you do a "Reset on Start".
That's always been there in case your xmltv file updates are just partial changes rather than a full change.
I think that is how the data came in for the original Danish TV Guide from twinther.

There is a check to see if the xmltv file date is newer than the last one before it loads the new one.
If your xmltv files are on computers in different time zones that could cause a problem although it shouldn't.
webgrab site is currenlty offline.
owners are having some server issues.no idea when it will be backup.
(2018-05-25, 08:36)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I did another quick update to 0.17.392 because I missed a word in the settings.
That might have stopped the Kodi update getting the new version.

You shouldn't need to remove the db and xmltv file.
Old channels will stay in the database though unless you do a "Reset on Start".
That's always been there in case your xmltv file updates are just partial changes rather than a full change.
I think that is how the data came in for the original Danish TV Guide from twinther.

There is a check to see if the xmltv file date is newer than the last one before it loads the new one.
If your xmltv files are on computers in different time zones that could cause a problem although it shouldn't.

Good to know. Thanks.
I have an m3u list from my IPTV provider that I've edited to include the channels I want to see.  Unfortunately, the xmltv file they've included cannot be edited and has all 1500 channels including many I don't need.  The xmltv url does upload successfully into tv guide fullscreen, but in order to edit and move the channels I want from the menu, it would take a very long time.  Just wondering if there is a way to edit the channels in the backend.  Is there a file I should be looking for in the userdata section?
To reduce the size of the xmltv file you could use my "xmltv Meld" addon
or use the tv_split and tv_cat command line utilities from xmltv.org.
I like TV Guide Full-screen because can do a lot more (.m3u list) than what I am used to (FTV Guide) but the option for me is to get the XML file through FTP only.....I can't make it happen with TV Guide Full-screen!!!
The xml file loads just fine from local drive but not from FTP server.

This is from the log file:
"No connection adapters were found for 'ftp://"

Anyone can help?

Thank you!
Try 0.0.393 0.17.393.
It was treating ftp as a remote url which is logical but it didn't work.
It should work as a Url or File in the Settings\Source menu.
I only tested with a simple ftp server without authentication so let me know if it doesn't work with a user/password combination.
Great!!!!!
Thank you very much for all your work.
Hello,
If I use the option "Settings \ Optional \ Channel mapping \ Import m3u" to always update the channels links would I be able to have multiple links to 1 channel?

Cat
Hi.
The channel mapping will only match one m3u channel to the xmltv channel.
You can have as many alternative streams as you like connected to the main channel.
There are a few options in Playback that control showing the alternative channels or just using them as an automatic fallback if the main stream fails.
If you want an SD channel for a main channel you can use the alternative streams or you will have to create an xmltv file with a channel that has a unique id for that channel.
It isn't the same as the way IPTV Simple Client does it.