Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks.

I did find one problem in the code too that wasn't working with his m3u.
It would only work with \n newlines not \r\n windows style.
I've added a fix for that in 0.0.395 but there are probably other places where files aren't getting parsed correctly due to new line differences.

I read somewhere that python interpreted \n as all the newline combinations but that is obviously wrong.
Hello, 

can someone point me in the right direction to get TV Catchup working. I see it in the settings but I am not sure where to start on getting it to work. I have about 200 channels that are being streamed from 2 different addons (1 being the PSVue addon and the other I am not sure I can mention) but lets say i missed a show on ESPN, how do I set it up where I can just click on that missed show in the TV guide and play it. If anyone has been successful at doing this can you give me directions on how to do it. I once paid for a service that had their own TV Guide that seemed like a clone of Tv Guide Fullscreen and most of the channels had the catchup setup this way. So i just assume there is a way to configure it myself. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!!!
You can do all that with TV Guide Fullscreen but if you're not up to digging around in the python code of your addons and working out how to link to the catchup sources you are probably going to have a hard time.
PS Vue needs a bit of trickery or you'll end up watching Big Buck Bunny.

If you think you're up to it I'll see if I can point you to some of the posts on how to do it.
This may not be a tv guide issue, but I am stumped as to why it's doing it, and hoping that maybe somebody may have an idea.
Everything has been working fine for months, till today.
This is just an example (so I stay within legal add-ons):
I have set bbc1 as channel 1 with iplayer, bbc2 as channel 2 with iplayer, and so on. Iplayer bbc1 is playing bbc1, but when I link the channel to bbc1 is it playing another channel. I have checked the 'custom_stream_url' file, and the correct channel is linked to the correct channel number. I have tried remove the link and re-adding it, but it is still playing the wrong channel.

Anyone come across this issue before?
I haven't made any changes recently so it shouldn't be TVGF.
If you can't work it out zip up the addon_data folder, pm me a link and I'll have a look.
(2018-07-09, 22:33)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]You can do all that with TV Guide Fullscreen but if you're not up to digging around in the python code of your addons and working out how to link to the catchup sources you are probably going to have a hard time.
PS Vue needs a bit of trickery or you'll end up watching Big Buck Bunny.

If you think you're up to it I'll see if I can point you to some of the posts on how to do it.
 can you pint me to these posts?
What do you need to know?

Did you get PS Vue working?

What addon do you want to catchup from?

Does your xmltv file have series/episode numbers and movie years?
what is the structure of the url that needs to be input, under lab 1? i dont think im allowed to mention the addon on here
can it use  tvarchive api?
Those add-ons are banned and discussion about them is now allowed on this forum as you already know by accepting our forum rules during sign-up. So please stop asking questions regarding to those add-ons.
have a day off lmfao
I've no idea about that addon and Team Kodi really don't want trigger-happy lawyers shutting down this forum or the Kodi program.

If your addon has a Meta4Kodi or derivative player you could use that in the Catchup or Search menu options.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263065
Banned derivatives are obviously not in this forum.

Search uses the Super Favourites url scheme. There are some examples in Super Favourites for non-banned addons like iplayerwww.
Look in the addons\plugin.program.super.favourites\resources\Search folder for favourites.xml.

To add any generic addon in Lab1 you need to know the kodi url of the page that finds the video for your particular program.

Here is an example using iplayerwww to search for Eastenders episodes.

Turn on Kodi logging and look for XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript in kodi.log

Code:

Line 5355: 18:20:23.504 T:436   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin iPlayer WWW('plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/','11','?description&iconimage=https%3a%2f%2fichef.bbci.co.uk%2fimages%2fic%2f832x468%2fp06fl8zt.jpg&logged_in=False&mode=128&name=%5bB%5dEastEnders%5b%2fB%5d&subtitles_url&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.bbc.co.uk%2fiplayer%2fepisodes%2fb006m86d','resume:false')

If you join the first and third arguments in brackets you get the full kodi url that you can use in Lab1 with the correct substitutions for what you are looking for eg Eastenders.
This is quite a complicated url as it includes a lot of things you don't need like iconimage but you can probably just leave them as they are.
You can usually trim it down to the essentials but it depends what the addon does with the extra arguments.
Use an editor like Notepad++ to un-encode the urls if necessary to see what they look like to humans.

Some addons you can search with the Episode and Season numbers to go straight to the episode.

Beware that there are a collection of addons that use some devious methods to stop other addons linking to them.
(2018-08-03, 17:20)encode Wrote: [ -> ]have a day off lmfao
We can arrange a long vacation for you away from this forum.
Just say the word.
Hoping for a little help, I just found this thread. I am a Kodi newbie Running a Raspberry PI3 and I have been attempting to use Simple Client and it's been nothing but one problem after another. Having said that, the only question I have is:  am I able to add my credentials into this guide for the IPTV service that I use?  I.e. My M3U Playlist URL and my EPG URL ?  I've about had it with SImple Client.
(2018-08-03, 21:27)Badbagger Wrote: [ -> ]Hoping for a little help, I just found this thread. I am a Kodi newbie Running a Raspberry PI3 and I have been attempting to use Simple Client and it's been nothing but one problem after another. Having said that, the only question I have is:  am I able to add my credentials into this guide for the IPTV service that I use?  I.e. My M3U Playlist URL and my EPG URL ?  I've about had it with SImple Client.
 You should be able to use your links in TVGF but it might not work as simply as Simple Client especially if your streams go through an addon first.

Add the xmltv file in Settings\Source as a File or Url.

Add the m3u in Settings\Optional\Import m3u.
Only one Stream will get mapped to one Channel that way.

Alternatively add the m3u in Menu\Stream Setup\Import Playlist.