Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-24, 15:25)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday I added 4 channels to my XMLT. They are showing grayed out on the guide, I can link them and watch them. The gray out only affects the highlight (I can't tell what channel I'm on without looking at the show description). Just wondering what is the significance of the gray out?

I have .77 now.

When I choose a bad stream, the screen goes black. none of the buttons will clear it like either i twice or back used to. The only way is task manager. I can't mention any of the addons I use.
Windows 10 Kodi 16.1.

It was my fault. I was trying to fix the Android black screen bug.
I'll fix it in 0.0.79. [EDIT] done, hopefully.
Quick EPG coming soon
The up next countdown just scared me! I noticed it in setup, but didn't think about it.

Quick guide is cool!
Yeah the quick guide is one of those you wonder how you did without it when it wasn't there! Smile
(2016-08-25, 18:38)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the quick guide is one of those you wonder how you did without it when it wasn't there! Smile
The quick guide option working great and my prefered way now to change channel when already watching another Cool
(I am currently using Sly skin)

Regarding some existing and very recent change, minor user feedback when using underlying Kodi Krypton Estuary Skin.

Don't see need for new "Loading Video" Backdrop, whilst waiting for live DVB-xx and/or internet addon streams to start playback (seems unnecessary) as the Kodi skin provides rotating timer ticker whilst waiting anyway? (Wording "Loading Video" is out of context? when loading essentailly live channels)

When a refresh of EPG occurs before showing the guide (i.e. when "refresh at start" enabled in settings) in the past it was with small window (similar to IPTV channel load window in above image) now its always fullscreen and always dark black (i.e. not aligned with EPG skin used?)

Just my thoughts.......great work CoolCool
(2016-08-27, 15:35)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-25, 18:38)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the quick guide is one of those you wonder how you did without it when it wasn't there! Smile
The quick guide option working great and my prefered way now to change channel when already watching another Cool
(I am currently using Sly skin)

Regarding some existing and very recent change, minor user feedback when using underlying Kodi Krypton Estuary Skin.

Don't see need for new "Loading Video" Backdrop, whilst waiting for live DVB-xx and/or internet addon streams to start playback (seems unnecessary) as the Kodi skin provides rotating timer ticker whilst waiting anyway? (Wording "Loading Video" is out of context? when loading essentailly live channels)

Just my thoughts.......great work CoolCool

There are some great gui innovations coming from @im85288 at the moment.

There are some basic views on the way for Channel Listings, Now and Next.

If you have any ideas for missing features while we are in full-on dev mode, let us know soon.
I'm a bit unsure what the categories are used for? Could be cool to assign them to let's say Danish, UK and US channels - and if more levels are possible: Sports, News etc. so I could choose for example Danish and News categories etc.
(2016-08-27, 20:52)Varming Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit unsure what the categories are used for? Could be cool to assign them to let's say Danish, UK and US channels - and if more levels are possible: Sports, News etc. so I could choose for example Danish and News categories etc.

Categories are entirely up to you.

Add Category and call it what you like.
Right click on the Category and multi-select which channels you want in the category.
[It won't remember the setting until everyone has moved to Krypton. (multiselect dialog boxes will have a re-select option then) Its not in the code yet.]

There is a Setting in Appearance to choose how you want the Category list sorted.

Behind the scenes it makes a categories.ini file in your userdata folder which you can import into other Kodi devices if you want.
See the Optional Settings for categories.ini.
That way you can have a machine you set up everything on and other devices you point to the default settings.
hi guys

thanks again to @primeval for the addon - loving the latest updates Smile

does anyone know how / if its possible to add multiple channel sources from one addon in the addons.ini file? using the same channel name/id?

if i add more than one source from the same addon it only recognises one e.g.

[plugin.video.XXXX]
BBC 1=plugin://plugin.video.XXXX.etc

[plugin.video.XXXX]

will show one of the links in the "multiple add ons provide this channel" window,
but if i change the second link to:

[plugin.video.XXXX]
BBC 1 b=plugin://plugin.video.XXXX.etc

it shows both links.

Is it possible to make it display both without editing the name?

I've got a big addons.ini file with multiple links in the same add ons so would be really useful if it could be done. (and save me ALOT of time Sleepy haha)

thanks for reading and any advice/ideas would be much appreciated Blush

thanks
(2016-08-28, 08:34)dannyrobbo Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys

thanks again to @primeval for the addon - loving the latest updates Smile

does anyone know how / if its possible to add multiple channel sources from one addon in the addons.ini file? using the same channel name/id?

if i add more than one source from the same addon it only recognises one e.g.

[plugin.video.XXXX]

[plugin.video.XXXX]

will show one of the links in the "multiple add ons provide this channel" window,
but if i change the second link to:

[plugin.video.XXXX]
BBC 1 b=plugin://plugin.video.XXXX.etc

it shows both links.

Is it possible to make it display both without editing the name?

I've got a big addons.ini file with multiple links in the same add ons so would be really useful if it could be done. (and save me ALOT of time Sleepy haha)

thanks for reading and any advice/ideas would be much appreciated Blush

thanks

It is just one unique name per addon unfortunately. That allows the url to change without affecting the channel. Some addons encode a daily authentication token in the url for example.

If your addons.ini file links to plugin urls you can automate it by using the "Stream Setup \ Browse \ Add Folder" command.
There is an option in "Settings \ Startup \ Background Update Service \ Update Addon Folders Too" if the urls change a lot.
If you need to manually update the urls just use the command "Settings \ Optional \ Refresh Addon Folders".

If you need to manually change all the links in your file just add a subscript. The fuzzy channel matching should match all the variations when you run the "Choose Channel" command.
Using sly skin, noticing latest highlighting colours clash slightly with bright colours being used and its difficult to read white text within green highlighted colour when actually viewed via TV (Very vivid and in your face)

Note with regard to following kodi screengrabs, the white text (Within green block) IS more readable in these kodi screengrabs than when actually viewed via TV

I understand and like idea of highlighting time line and channel/programme currently being watched with same highlight "green" colour.
I also like idea of highlighting where you have browsed too within guide channel list with another highlight "orange" colour.

I noticed change of backgrounds since my previous post, thanks.

(2016-08-28, 10:22)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]Using sly skin, noticing latest highlighting colours clash slightly with bright colours being used and its difficult to read white text within green highlighted colour when actually viewed via TV (Very vivid and in your face)

Note with regard to following kodi screengrabs, the white text (Within green block) IS more readable in these kodi screengrabs than when actually viewed via TV

I understand and like idea of highlighting time line and channel/programme currently being watched with same highlight "green" colour.
I also like idea of highlighting where you have browsed too within guide channel list with another highlight "orange" colour.

I noticed change of backgrounds since my previous post, thanks.

I did mention it to @im85288 Wink
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...-242927691
I agree with the white text on green being hard to read. I would prefer black but the code is so delicate even trivial changes lite that cause issues. I can't see the screenshots above for some reason but will look to change this at some point today.
(2016-08-28, 11:26)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with the white text on green being hard to read. I would prefer black but the code is so delicate even trivial changes lite that cause issues. I can't see the screenshots above for some reason but will look to change this at some point today.

I toned them down a bit and added transparency in 0.0.89.
You can take off your sunglasses now. Cool

There are also some new basic views:
Listings (1), Now (2), Next (3)
Ok cheers I'll take a look and change them if needed. Maybe needs a different colour scheme