Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-28, 11:26)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with the white text on green being hard to read. I would prefer black but the code is so delicate even trivial changes lite that cause issues. I can't see the screenshots above for some reason but will look to change this at some point today.
No problem, know your all working hard on improvements to guide which are arriving thick and fast Wink just wanted to highlight visual concern..
- Program Search

The current controls are:

EPG mode:
- menu (context,c)
- Listings view (info,i,1)
- Now view (menu,m,2)
- Next view (last page,end,3)
- Search Programs (4)
- movement (up,down,left,right,ok)
- close (esc,back)
TV mode:
- osd (info,i)
- normal overlays (fullscreen,tab)
- pip toggle (context menu, c)
- exit (back,esc)
- change channel (page up/down)
- Last Channel (0)
- Last Channel info (right), hide (left)
OSD mode:
- movement (up,down,left,right,ok)
UP Next mode:
- close Up Next popup (select, enter)
- Autoplay

Experimental support to Autoplay programs.

See "Settings \ Notifications \ Autoplay..." for Before/After Minutes, Stop After Play, Clear Autoplays.

Autoplays will happen for every matching named program. I might be able to make it time of day specific later.

No OSD in autoplay!
Currently Autoplays use the Kodi AlarmClock service and should start outside the TV Guide.
If I can work out a mechanism to reload the TV Guide and enable the OSD in future I will.

Overlapping programs should favour the new one over the old.
The Before Minutes setting might change the channel prematurely. I don't know what is worse: missing the start of a program or the end.
The channel should not switch if the programs are next to each other on the same channel.

The sly and Dark skins will look different than before until the new textures and buttons have been re-skined.
Sorry. But this is still beta software and liable to change.
- now playing highlight fixes
- playback timeout setting
- Up Next disabled

There are a lot of internal fixes in this release to try to match the playing channel with the epg highlights.
I expect there are some edge cases that will cause inconsistencies in changing channels when different windows are up.
Please let me know what still needs fixing.

There is a Playback Timeout setting in Appearance which should help being bumped back to the epg when a stream takes a long time to start playing.

The osd will appear for at least 3 seconds between channel changes to help spot playback errors.

The Up Next feature is disabled until everything is solid.
Nice work @primaeval - Not had time to test for long yet but the first attempts at switching through various channels is keeping the EPG/Quick EPG up to date with what's currently playing and no jumping back to the EPG.

Will test more thoroughly and report back any issues Smile
- Help

There is a Help screen in the Settings now. It shows the file called commands.txt in the addon folder.

The commands have changed a bit.

The main difference is that the context key now should always open the main menu from the epg view.
Info (i) should close the window that is open, or take you back to the tv window in epg view.

Back in tv, osd and last channel windows will go back to the main epg.
In the quick epg window back will just close the quick epg.
Back in the main epg will take you back to the tv window if a channel is playing or exit if not.
Escape will exit the main epg.
Solid as a rock with the most recent versions, the change to use the context key only for context works very well, Great stuff Smile
Just a quick one I noticed, I'm using Mimic and with this skin your Sly skin has a couple of errors with the System Time in the main.xml. It shows <right>5</right> which makes the alignment wrong. This is easily fixed by changing both instances to <posx>5r</posx>. Just thought I'd mention it for future updates Smile
(2016-09-01, 22:39)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick one I noticed, I'm using Mimic and with this skin your Sly skin has a couple of errors with the System Time in the main.xml. It shows <right>5</right> which makes the alignment wrong. This is easily fixed by changing both instances to <posx>5r</posx>. Just thought I'd mention it for future updates Smile

Thanks. I've added it in.
@FXB78 - thanks for the fix
- sly skin removed

Sad news for sly skin users. The sly skin has been removed due to a difference in direction between me and im85288.
Maybe it will be back in a fork or future version. I don't know.
But anyway thanks for all the great additions that you have brought to this project im85288.
Thanks primaeval.

For anyone wanting to continue using the sly skin and future modifications I will make you can install my version of the addon from my repo:
My Repo

Cheers

EDIT - new thread for it found here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289523
I'm having a problem with the guide failing when I choose to enable logos. It works fine when logos are disabled but throws up an error "oops guide data could not be retrieved" when I choose a logo folder from my local drive.

As a test I tried the same process using tommy's original guide with logos enabled & it works fine.

I've created a log file which is here http://pastebin.com/985WVpXr it was produced using Krypton but I get the same issue using Jarvis. Any chance you could take a look?

Thanks.
(2016-09-08, 20:17)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem with the guide failing when I choose to enable logos. It works fine when logos are disabled but throws up an error "oops guide data could not be retrieved" when I choose a logo folder from my local drive.

As a test I tried the same process using tommy's original guide with logos enabled & it works fine.

I've created a log file which is here http://pastebin.com/985WVpXr it was produced using Krypton but I get the same issue using Jarvis. Any chance you could take a look?

Thanks.

I do some fuzzy name matching on the logos so it is a bit different than the original. There must be some characters in the channel name that get interpreted as regular expression codes.
Can you send me a listing of your logo folder and the channels section from your xmltv file. I'll see if I can spot which one it is.
It is probably one of these: .^$*+?()[{\|
- re fix

Hopefully this will deal with matching channels to the logo folder if the name has regex characters.