Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-24, 03:31)georgepana Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.  It has been a few weeks since we last talked.  I appreciate all your help with the setup and it works well for me with a mix of an EPG URL and and additional Webgrab source guide.xml in Lab 3 under "Secondary XMTV File."    I have a couple of questions for you.

First, is there a way to prevent TVGF from exiting via Backspace?  There is currently a radio button labelled "Exit from EPG on Back Button" under "Playback."  Basically, when that radio button is checked it means that the Back Button will exit the EPG.  When that button is unchecked it does not exit the EPG IF a channel is active, meaning if a channel is playing at that time.  The back button will open the guide when the Back Button is pushed (and toggle between full screen channel and guide with the current channel displayed in the upper right corner.)   X will stop the active channel from playing.  The problem I am running into is that if I am in the guide without an active stream displayed in the upper right corner and I hit the back button inadvertently the program shuts down, because that "Exit from EPG on Back Button", on or off, only applies to a case where a stream is showing.  What happens from time to time is that a stream dies and just shows a green screen. At that point there is no stream showing, so hitting Back Space in an effort to go back to the guide shuts the entire program down.  Is there a way to prevent the program from shutting down at all with Back Space, even when no stream is displayed at that point, and only allow it when C is pressed (or MENU on a remote) and then EXIT is chosen in the options there?  Or is there a setting that allows me to lock the program in, no matter what, unless EXIT is chosen in the Options menu?   

Secondly, can you guide me to the pages that explain how to set up a DVR feature (I am assuming it is Catchup) for a Windows 10 machine running Kodi with substantial hard drive space (4 TB)?

Thanks again for all your help,

George
I've added a "Never Exit from EPG on Back Button" setting in 0.17.436.
If anyone complains because they can't get out of the program I will blame you.

The Catchup button launches Meta4Kodi or a fork of  it to try to find a program either in your library or another addon.
https://github.com/roee88/meta4kodi

To Record: set the ffmpeg program and recording path in
Settings \ Program Scheduler \ Autoplaywiths \ ffmpeg Program and Output Folder
TVGF version 0.17.437
- Settings \ Optional \ Remember Last EPG Position

It will take you back to the last page you were on before you quit TVGF.

It won't select the channel you were on but you will be close to where you were.
(2019-03-30, 11:09)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]TVGF version 0.17.437

It won't select the channel you were on but you will be close to where you were.

Thanks for that one primaeval. That's a feature that's been in the back of my mind for quite a while. A similar one would be to be able to jump to the page with a playing channel while within TVGF. Like how mouse double-clicking on Foobar2000's taskbar jumps to the playing audio track. But I'm guessing that's probably easier said than accomplished.
(2019-04-01, 02:10)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for that one primaeval. That's a feature that's been in the back of my mind for quite a while. A similar one would be to be able to jump to the page with a playing channel while within TVGF. Like how mouse double-clicking on Foobar2000's taskbar jumps to the playing audio track. But I'm guessing that's probably easier said than accomplished.  

You should thank me, I'm the one that made the request Wink  Is it working for you?
(2019-04-01, 05:26)HiJacK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-01, 02:10)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]

You should thank me, I'm the one that made the request Wink  Is it working for you?      

Ah... another behind the scenes development. Yes HiJacK, it's been working fine. Smile Thanks. P put together a special Remind type called regex for me behind the scenes last week I'm really happy with too. Select it as a Remind type, and all occurrences of the program will be highlighted in the EPG grid across all channels, and matching the program name with the % (all) wildcard. He did say to use caution when using wildcards too much as it could slow down some devices.
(2019-04-01, 13:25)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-01, 05:26)HiJacK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-01, 02:10)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that one primaeval. That's a feature that's been in the back of my mind for quite a while. A similar one would be to be able to jump to the page with a playing channel while within TVGF. Like how mouse double-clicking on Foobar2000's taskbar jumps to the playing audio track. But I'm guessing that's probably easier said than accomplished.        

Ah... another behind the scenes development. Yes HiJacK, it's been working fine. Smile Thanks. P put together a special Remind type called regex for me behind the scenes last week I'm really happy with too. Select it as a Remind type, and all occurrences of the program will be highlighted in the EPG grid across all channels, and matching the program name with the % (all) wildcard. He did say to use caution when using wildcards too much as it could slow down some devices.   
@primaeval did all the work, I just made the suggestion  Big Grin  I've been communicating with him behind the scenes.  I haven't played around with Remind yet.  I'll have to give it a try.  I just added other parts of his project the other night and trying to piece everything together.
After appearing to load guide data successfully, get the message "It was not possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..." After clicking ok it goes back to Kodi main screen.

Settings seem fine and everything has been working normally until this morning. Any ideas? Using Shield TV. Closed, restarted Kodi, rebooted Shield. Same thing
(2019-04-06, 16:35)xDetoursx Wrote: [ -> ]After appearing to load guide data successfully, get the message "It was not possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..." After clicking ok it goes back to Kodi main screen.

Settings seem fine and everything has been working normally until this morning. Any ideas? Using Shield TV. Closed, restarted Kodi, rebooted Shield. Same thing

There must be some error in kodi.log if it does that.
If you can't see it, turn on kodi debug logging, try again and post the log.
You can pm me if it contains anything sensitive.
Am I not understanding how the % wildcard works in the regex option when setting a reminder primaeval? When I choose regex as the reminder type and am presented with the program title, I've edited it and inserted the wildcard, but though the programs are highlighted in the EPG, they don't show up in the reminders/notification list. For example:

Program Name (Year)  > Program Name (%)
Program Name: Program Series Title (Year) > %Program Series Title%

One example was Star Trek. Am I not applying the wildcard properly?
(2019-04-17, 00:45)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]Am I not understanding how the % wildcard works in the regex option when setting a reminder primaeval? When I choose regex as the reminder type and am presented with the program title, I've edited it and inserted the wildcard, but though the programs are highlighted in the EPG, they don't show up in the reminders/notification list. For example:

Program Name (Year)  > Program Name (%)
Program Name: Program Series Title (Year) > %Program Series Title%

One example was Star Trek. Am I not applying the wildcard properly?
Try 0.17.443.
I hadn't added the regex search to the Reminders List.

The search just looks at the title as it is in the xmltv file.
However if the movie has a year in the xmltv file it will get added to the title as
Movie (year)

In the main epg grid the program title also has the sub-title appended to it if there is one or the episode number.
Usually the title is in Bold and the sub-title or episode number isn't.
You can turn that off in
Settings \ Lab1 \ Separate title/subtitle
Some skins use that to show the episode number on a separate line. I kind remember which ones though.
(2019-04-17, 08:45)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Try 0.17.443.
I hadn't added the regex search to the Reminders List.

That's working well to highlight programs in the EPG across program times and channels as well as now being listed in the Reminders list. Thanks.

Quote:The search just looks at the title as it is in the xmltv file.
However if the movie has a year in the xmltv file it will get added to the title as
Movie (year)

In the main epg grid the program title also has the sub-title appended to it if there is one or the episode number.
Usually the title is in Bold and the sub-title or episode number isn't.

In your default skin and my Cake mod I'm seeing both title and subtitle in Bold and the episode number isn't, which is fine. Haven't checked the skin xml to see if it's set there or if it's being set by TVGF's code.

Quote:You can turn that off in
Settings \ Lab1 \ Separate title/subtitle
Some skins use that to show the episode number on a separate line. I kind remember which ones though. 

Okay. I can see the subtitle/episode number toggle on & off when set. I've been thinking it'd be nice to have the program subtitle and episode appear in the OSD program info popup. Is that possible?
(2019-04-18, 11:37)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. I can see the subtitle/episode number toggle on & off when set. I've been thinking it'd be nice to have the program subtitle and episode appear in the OSD program info popup. Is that possible? 

I haven't got the time to do a big change like that but it is possible.
(2019-04-18, 11:42)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-18, 11:37)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. I can see the subtitle/episode number toggle on & off when set. I've been thinking it'd be nice to have the program subtitle and episode appear in the OSD program info popup. Is that possible? 

Okay... It just struck me that maybe the code that places the subtitle on a separate line in the skin's main EPG might be used to place it in the OSD display. But from your reply, it seems that wouldn't fly, probably being set in python code.

Having the linked addon for the channel in the OSD display was something else I'd tried unsuccessfully. I'm guessing that'd require a major overhaul of the code too.
(2019-04-18, 12:07)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-18, 11:42)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay... It just struck me that maybe the code that places the subtitle on a separate line in the skin's main EPG might be used to place it in the OSD display. But from your reply, it seems that wouldn't fly, probably being set in python code.

Having the linked addon for the channel in the OSD display was something else I'd tried unsuccessfully. I'm guessing that'd require a major overhaul of the code too.  

I've added the python code to add the sub-title to the title in the OSD in version 0.17.444

I'm not going to add the linked addon there as that would need lots of changes in all the skin files.
Just use the context menu to see it if you need to.
Turn on
Settings \ Appearance \ Show Addon in Context Menu
and/or
Show Addon Logo in EPG above Program Image
(2019-04-18, 12:56)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-18, 12:07)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-18, 11:42)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't got the time to do a big change like that but it is possible.         

I've added the python code to add the sub-title to the title in the OSD in version 0.17.444

I'm not going to add the linked addon there as that would need lots of changes in all the skin files.
Just use the context menu to see it if you need to.
Turn on
Settings \ Appearance \ Show Addon in Context Menu
and/or
Show Addon Logo in EPG above Program Image    

Wow... I 1st thought I'd have to modify the OSD section in main.xml to enable that. But I see your new code added the sub-title info directly. Very nice. I thought the extra text might squeeze space in other skins, but hopefully they'll all be set to scroll.  I can see how a change to the linked addon there could complicate other skins. Thanks so very much for tweaking this primaeval. Smile