Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the SD interface is experimental.

I have an account and am able to see my line ups and add channels, but when I launch FullScreen. I get an error, "oops, sorry about that! It was not possible to load program data, check settings or try again later...." I have set the download interval to every start, thinking this might be the issue.

If I go back to selecting a locally created XMLTV file as the source, the program launches fine.

Sorry, I know this isn't much information to go on. Anything I can provide you to help?

cwh
(2016-10-13, 16:27)cwh060 Wrote: [ -> ]I know the SD interface is experimental.

I have an account and am able to see my line ups and add channels, but when I launch FullScreen. I get an error, "oops, sorry about that! It was not possible to load program data, check settings or try again later...." I have set the download interval to every start, thinking this might be the issue.

If I go back to selecting a locally created XMLTV file as the source, the program launches fine.

Sorry, I know this isn't much information to go on. Anything I can provide you to help?

cwh

The trick with SD is to select the source as SchedulesDirect, then press OK on the Settings dialog.
Open the Settings again and select the lineups and channels.
You might need to do a Database Reset or load on Every Start in the Lab settings if it won't load the first time.
Then go back to load every 24 hours or whatever after you have started TV Guide at least once.

I tried to get it to work without having to OK the dialog but I haven't manage it yet.
That is one of the reasons it is still in the Lab.

Let me know how far you get.
These are probably not to everyone's taste but here are the logos I made for the BBC channels with ImageMagick.
They fit exactly in the guide at 10 channels per page.
https://github.com/primaeval/bbc.logos
(2016-10-13, 16:42)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The trick with SD is to select the source as SchedulesDirect, then press OK on the Settings dialog.
You might need to do a Database Reset or load on Every Start in the Lab settings if it won't load the first time.
Then go back to load every 24 hours or whatever after you have started TV Guide at least once.

I tried to get it to work without having to OK the dialog but I haven't manage it yet.

Ok, tried a reset of the db and selecting SD then Ok. No luck. Still can't data to load. I'll see if I can generate a portion of a log and drop it here. The bluezed EPG guide is still working normal and pulling in info. So I'm probably not setting something up correct in FullScreen.

I may try a complete re-install later and getting rid of script folders and db and starting again.

cwh
(2016-10-13, 19:25)cwh060 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-13, 16:42)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The trick with SD is to select the source as SchedulesDirect, then press OK on the Settings dialog.

Ok, tried a reset of the db and selecting SD then Ok. No luck. Still can't data to load. I'll see if I can generate a portion of a log and drop it here. The bluezed EPG guide is still working normal and pulling in info. So I'm probably not setting something up correct in FullScreen.

I may try a complete re-install later and getting rid of script folders and db and starting again.

cwh

Something to watch out for is there are a separate set of settings for the SD updates in the lab section.

Also, very important: turn off Settings \ Source \ Refresh on Start or your channel selection for SD will be destroyed on the next start. I fell for that a few times when I was adding the code in and wiped all my channels.
(2016-10-13, 16:42)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Something to watch out for is there are a separate set of settings for the SD updates in the lab section.

Also, very important: turn off Settings \ Source \ Refresh on Start or your channel selection for SD will be destroyed on the next start. I fell for that a few times when I was adding the code in and wiped all my channels.

Yep, Settings\Source\Refresh on Start was turned on!! Just loaded up a few channels, so it wasn't too bad. Thanks, I like your guide as it has so many options.

cwh
primaeval,

Thanks for a great addon and the help in getting me to this point:-

(2016-10-13, 20:33)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]primaeval,

Thanks for a great addon and the help in getting me to this point:-

Thanks.

I'll have to do a bit of work on the fonts. They work fine in Confluence but look like they don't fit right in other Kodi skins.
I've just added this to my android box and was wondering if there is a walk though to setting this up. I;m having a problem getting it to open. TIA.
(2016-10-14, 16:38)Bushay Wrote: [ -> ]I've just added this to my android box and was wondering if there is a walk though to setting this up. I;m having a problem getting it to open. TIA.

There are a lot of features available now so I admit it might be difficult to know where to start.

The only crucial thing to set up is an xmltv data source.
When you have one set the type in Settings \ Source \ XMLTV Source: File or URL and set the location in the next box.

If the xmltv doesn't contain channel logos set a Logo source in Settings \ Source \ Logos \ External Logo Source.
Is there a way to include own streams to the list without epg data for it ? Just to switch to the channels within your list
(2016-10-15, 12:34)ködi-zömbie Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to include own streams to the list without epg data for it ? Just to switch to the channels within your list

Not directly.

If you want to test the streams that are in the addons.ini file you can use my adons.ini Creator addon.

If you want dummy channels in the epg you can add them into your xmltv file with a bit of scripting.
There are tools to merge multiple xmltv files at xmltv.org

If you want to link to other channels you could add them to the Simple Favourites addon that is summoned with the i,info key from the main epg.
@primaeval, I`m happy to see you incorporated SD into your guide. Big Grin I`ve been doing some other things and hadn't noticed until a few days ago.
(2016-10-16, 14:02)dave157 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval, I`m happy to see you incorporated SD into your guide. Big Grin I`ve been doing some other things and hadn't noticed until a few days ago.

Thanks.

I'm having problems getting images from SD though. Most of them are missing on their server. So it's staying in the lab until I can find a reasonable solution, although it is usable right now as a data source.

Follow the instructions a few posts back if you run into problems.
(2016-10-16, 14:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-16, 14:02)dave157 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval, I`m happy to see you incorporated SD into your guide. Big Grin I`ve been doing some other things and hadn't noticed until a few days ago.

Thanks.

I'm having problems getting images from SD though. Most of them are missing on their server. So it's staying in the lab until I can find a reasonable solution, although it is usable right now as a data source.

Follow the instructions a few posts back if you run into problems.

No prob, will do. Actually what I`ve been working on (Chromebox w/ LibreElec) the latest version installs and runs fine but now on my main pc I'm having a "failed dependency" error when trying to update or fresh install the guide.