Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-28, 10:05)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]With the EPG up and nothing playing I press menu key on remote go to set stream/channel.

I scroll down to Add Alt Stream and select this.

The screen changes to dimmed EPG and a message 'Multiple addons provide this channels. Choose one to watch the stream.'

Then the only option I have is to press return to go back to the EPG.

How do I set an alternative stream and once set how do I choose it from the EPG?

You might have found a bug. I have just noticed it showing nothing for BBC One for me. Is there an Error message in the log?

The expected behaviour is this:

There are 2 ways to set the Alternative Channels.

Make sure you have a program selected before you open the context menu. In Windows this might not happen.

If there are any channel matches with your favourites it should pick it,
or if there are any matches in addons.ini file it should give you an option to select one.

Add Folders of channels to the addons.ini file from Stream Setup \ Browse \ Add Folder.

The other way is to use the Alt Stream button in Stream Setup \ Favourites or Addons.

To clear them use Stream Setup \ strm|m3u \ Clear Alt Stream.

If you are not playing the same channel and you have set at least one Alternative Stream there should be a dialog that pops up with all the stream choices when you try to play a channel.

If you want to play an Alternative Stream for the channel that is now playing, Stop it first.
This is new behaviour since last week.
(2016-11-28, 10:31)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-28, 10:05)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]With the EPG up and nothing playing I press menu key on remote go to set stream/channel.

The screen changes to dimmed EPG and a message 'Multiple addons provide this channels. Choose one to watch the stream.'

How do I set an alternative stream and once set how do I choose it from the EPG?

You might have found a bug. I have just noticed it showing nothing for BBC One for me. Is there an Error message in the log?

It was a bug. Try 0.0.203.
Hmm version 0.0.203 on Windows 7 boots me out of the addon. I click on it and it flashes up the EPG then kicks out.
Any ideas??
(2016-11-28, 17:31)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm version 0.0.203 on Windows 7 boots me out of the addon. I click on it and it flashes up the EPG then kicks out.
Any ideas??

It means you've been a very naughty boy. Wink It only kicks you out on an exception.
Have a look in the log for "exception" or "error" and send me a link to the log in a pm.
I'm not convinced I've got to the bottom of this background update timer business, so it could be that.
Holy Shit this is awesome. Thanks for all your great addons. Smile
(2016-11-28, 10:49)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-28, 10:31)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

It was a bug. Try 0.0.203.

I may have misunderstood how to do this :-(

EPG on screen nothing playing, press menu on remote to add alt stream, choose Add Alt Stream, now takes me to the same options as stream setup, choose stream and save. Go back to EPG choose channel and the Alt Stream I have added has replaced original stream and plays.

I get the same result if I have a channel original stream playing and go through above, the Alt Stream I choose replaces the original stream.

What am I missing?

What I was trying to do was set up streams for BBC1, a HD stream as the main stream and an SD stream as the alternative.
version 0.0.205
- yo.tv Providers (usually needs a zip code)
- background progress dialogs

Experimental support for all the different Providers for yo.tv in Settings \ Lab2.
Remember to OK the Settings dialog after selecting yo.tv as a Source and after selecting the Countries.
Don't be greedy or they will block us. Only select the channels you actually watch.

Background progress for downloading the xmltv file and parsing the xmltv data.
This should help when you try to open the guide at the same time as a background update is going on.
Not sure how to word this, so will explain (I know there are no channel numbers, but it is the best way I can think of explaining what I want)
Example:
standard tv guide, I have 100 channels. Channels 85 to 100 are movies
Set a category for the movies (channels 85 to 100). Movie Channels are listed in the same order as they are in the standard guide.
What I am finding is that when I select the movies category, the first movie channel it selects is random (might highlight channel 87, another time channel 95).
Would it be possible for it to select the first movie channel (channel 85)
@gillmacca check your addon settings under Appearance/Sort Order for Channels in Categories. I have this set to Default and it seems to work as you described.
That was it...thanks.
Next question...lol
I have an addon called live mix (only place I have been able to find for one of my channels), but it doesn't allow adding to favourites.
If I select it in add-ons, it launches it's own gui, and when I select the channel, it launches the channel.
Anyone know if there is a way to add a channel from this addon
Is there any way to have 2 different instances of this addon used in a single profile. What I want is a way to have completely different channel line ups and streams for 2 different people. I am hoping that there is some way to make some small change the addon files that will make Kodi think that there is TV guide A and TV guide B so that I can have 2 different favourites that point to completely different setups.

Not holding my breath on this but it would be amazing if there was a way to make this work.
(2016-11-29, 22:34)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]That was it...thanks.
Next question...lol
I have an addon called live mix (only place I have been able to find for one of my channels), but it doesn't allow adding to favourites.
If I select it in add-ons, it launches it's own gui, and when I select the channel, it launches the channel.
Anyone know if there is a way to add a channel from this addon

No. Wink It is a sneaky one.

Be careful with the addons you mention here. Kodi want to keep the lawyers away.
(2016-11-30, 08:41)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to have 2 different instances of this addon used in a single profile. What I want is a way to have completely different channel line ups and streams for 2 different people. I am hoping that there is some way to make some small change the addon files that will make Kodi think that there is TV guide A and TV guide B so that I can have 2 different favourites that point to completely different setups.

Not holding my breath on this but it would be amazing if there was a way to make this work.

No. Wink

It is theoretically possible to copy the addon and change every instance of script.tvguide.fullscreen to something else,
but every time I make a new version (which is quite frequently) you will have to do it again.

The best plan, in my opinion, is to make 2 profiles and use a hotkey to swap between them if you want to do it quickly.
You can do something like this to switch profiles and load the guide with function keys.
This is what I have for the device that I use with my children.
[EDIT] F6,F7 run TV Guide Fullscreen with different Categories selected.
Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <F1>LoadProfile(master user)</F1>
            <F2>LoadProfile(kids)</F2>
            <F6>RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,Any)</F6>
            <F7>RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,kids)</F7>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>
Thanks for the quick answer.

I figured that it was possible but silly to actually try to do for just the reason you said. Your many timely updates (how dare you lol).

Different profiles are definitely an option, thanks for the information and keymap.
I need to update a build I use, but it will wipe all addons not in the build.
What is the best way to backup TV Guide Fullscreen