Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the quick update.... I will check it out

I also noticed that trying to export my channels didn't do anything.... would that allow me to quickly get back to the way I want it if something like this happens again when you are working hard to make this great add-on better?
(2016-12-01, 11:28)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.206
- highlight all programs in currently playing channel
- yo.tv temporary fix to add 1 day to program data

@GriffeyJuni0r I've highlighted all the currently playing channel's programs as green now.
I tried adding a timer thread to update the currently highlighted program only but it got too complicated too quickly.

The epg will go back to Now when you come back from playing a program.
I think this is good enough for most cases.
If you come back after leaving the epg open for more than 2 hours then you are going to destroy our planet with your wasteful use of natural resources. Turn it off you lazy ass or press Home. Wink

Nice, highlighting the full channel's programming looks great - Thanks for adding!

I'm totally a lazy ass, but certainly wouldn't want to waste any natural resources - Updating 'Now' when returning to the EPG is a perfect compromise Smile
(2016-12-01, 23:58)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick update.... I will check it out

I also noticed that trying to export my channels didn't do anything.... would that allow me to quickly get back to the way I want it if something like this happens again when you are working hard to make this great add-on better?

There is no feedback with the Export/Import functions right now but they should make a file with the channel mappings in:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls.ini

I'll try and make an automatic backup if I do something that resets the channels next time.
version 0.0.211
- autosaves channel mapping on exit to
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini
- notification of import/export channel mappings

@Scott00007 This should fix the notifications.

At every exit of the addon it should save the channel mappings in custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini
It is probably a bit redundant to have the Export Setting as well but it doesn't hurt to leave it in.
Here are the Favourites shortcuts to all the data sources.
Beware: they will probably reset your database and channel mapping, so try them in a new profile to be safe.

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen xmltv" thumb="special://home/addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,Any,xmltv)</favourite>
    <favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen SchedulesDirect" thumb="special://home/addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,Any,SchedulesDirect)</favourite>
    <favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen tvguide.co.uk" thumb="special://home/addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,Any,tvguide.co.uk)</favourite>
    <favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen tvguide.co.uk now" thumb="special://home/addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,Any,tvguide.co.uk now)</favourite>
    <favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen yo.tv" thumb="special://home/addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,Any,yo.tv)</favourite>
    <favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen yo.tv now" thumb="special://home/addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,Any,yo.tv now)</favourite>
    <favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen bbc" thumb="special://home/addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,Any,bbc)</favourite>
</favourites>
(2016-10-29, 03:39)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]This script works well for image search programs in PVR Iptv Simple.
http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.skin.helper.service/ You could try to use it?
Sorry for bad English.
Cheers
Hinkel

version 0.0.213
- OMDb images and missing plot

I've finally got around to adding the OMDb Images in that script.skin.helper.service uses.

It's in Settings \ Lab1 \ OMDb Image and Plot if Missing

See if this is any better than the TVDb/IMDb option.
It seems to me like the OMDb does provide much better images, however, it does seem to return fewer results than IMDB/TVDB (the way the addon was before this was added). And if I have both options selectd than it seems to default to IMDB even for channels/shows that it previously found and OMDb image for. It would be nice if there was an option to choose which service is used first. I would like to use OMDb and only if there is nothing found there than fall back to IMDB/TVDB.

Thanks for working on this, I was going to ask about better image possibilities but you have already addressed this. Great work!!
(2016-12-02, 15:06)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me like the OMDb does provide much better images, however, it does seem to return fewer results than IMDB/TVDB (the way the addon was before this was added). And if I have both options selectd than it seems to default to IMDB even for channels/shows that it previously found and OMDb image for. It would be nice if there was an option to choose which service is used first. I would like to use OMDb and only if there is nothing found there than fall back to IMDB/TVDB.

Thanks for working on this, I was going to ask about better image possibilities but you have already addressed this. Great work!!

In the next version I've made it either OMDb or TVDB/IMDb.

When both are on it is a great thread race to see who finishes first and overwrites the program image.
It is going to be difficult to arbitrate between both of them.

I'll see what I can do.
Something weird. The EPG guide is back in sync with all channels with the 24 hour fix unchecked in Lab2.

Awesome guide.
(2016-12-02, 21:33)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Something weird. The EPG guide is back in sync with all channels with the 24 hour fix unchecked in Lab2.

Awesome guide.

It might just be a midnight hour problem. The guide has to guess what day the yo.tv times are for. Around midnight it gets complicated.
version 0.0.214
- combined program image search in Settings \ Lab1 \ Find Program Images from OMDb/TVDb/IMDb
- fix for yo.tv & tvguide.co.uk around midnight wrong day error

@Scott00007 I've combined the program image searches now. It tries OMDb first and falls back to TVDb or IMDb.
See if it's better.

@ed_davidson I think I've found the yo.tv problem. It only happened just after midnight when some program times were from the previous day.
when specifying my own xmltv url I get an error in the log about the content-length header not being found so I modified
Code:
total = int(requests.head(self.fileUrl,auth=(user, password)).headers['Content-Length'])
in filefectcher.py to send

Code:
Accept-Encoding: *
instead of the normal
Code:
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

Is it possible you can incorporate this? Also maybe putting in support for redirection as I would like to use a static snipli.com link that points to a xmltv url
(2016-12-03, 16:05)enerdude Wrote: [ -> ]when specifying my own xmltv url I get an error in the log about the content-length header not being found so I modified
Code:
total = int(requests.head(self.fileUrl,auth=(user, password)).headers['Content-Length'])
in filefectcher.py to send

Code:
Accept-Encoding: *
instead of the normal
Code:
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

Is it possible you can incorporate this? Also maybe putting in support for redirection as I would like to use a static snipli.com link that points to a xmltv url

If you fork it on Github and make a change request I'll add it in as long as it doesn't break anything else.
Guys, where do I go to get the addon zip to install it on my kodi build?

Sent from my SGH-M919