Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-08, 15:38)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval The categories option on the main screen is an excellent addition, works very well. I just have one little niggle with it, when I press M to open the Categories I have to press an arrow key twice to move to another Category. For example I press M then RIGHT and it doesn't move, pressing RIGHT again makes it move to the Category to the right. After that I can freely scroll left & right. Seems like a small bug with the initial focus? I've had a look in the skin xml and nothing jumps out unless I missed something Smile

I'll have a look. I've been adding an Add Category option to the c menu of Categories today.

[EDIT] Found it. It needed a bit of code to set the focus first.
(2016-12-08, 10:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-08, 01:51)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]This look great. Does anyone know if it is possible to access the categories on the epg on an Amazon Fire TV?

The FireTV remote is pretty limited. If you can find a spare button you can map it to the menu,m button in keymap.xml.

Does anyone know how to make an addon specific keymap?

The Categories are still in the main Context Menu on the Left.

I use one of these:

Spoyser had a section on his addon settings to set a button to map a single button into the keymap file?
You could maybe take a look at that?
Am I able to add 3 folders from the same addon to the addon.ini file or is it possible to add the addon and have all the streams in all folders pop up?
(2016-12-08, 16:50)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Am I able to add 3 folders from the same addon to the addon.ini file or is it possible to add the addon and have all the streams in all folders pop up?

You can add 3 separate folders from one addon and they will all be merged into the same addon section in addons.ini.

Add Folders will only add the channels at the level you add it at. Not sub-folders.
That could get lost in a never ending loop.
(2016-12-08, 16:39)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Spoyser had a section on his addon settings to set a button to map a single button into the keymap file?

Spoyser has done some great coding. I hope he comes back sometime.
(2016-12-08, 18:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-08, 16:39)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Spoyser had a section on his addon settings to set a button to map a single button into the keymap file?

Spoyser has done some great coding. I hope he comes back sometime.

+1 [emoji1]
version 0.0.222
- Categories menu - Add Category item (context menu)
- Touch Controls - added Menu, Categories, Quit
- Stream Setup \ Browse \ Remove Folder (fuchsia if folder already added)
- Settings \ Optional \ Import addons.ini \ Overwrite or Merge Local addons.ini

@gillmacca There are Categories and Menu buttons on the touch controls now that might help with the FireTV.

@FXB78 The Categories should start moving on the first arrow key press now.

@myname Remove Folder button in Stream Setup \ Browse and fuchsia highlights if a folder is already added.

You can import an external playlist on source updates but it has to be a simple channel mapping.ini file full of name=stream items only, not a normal m3u file. It means you have to export the channel mappings or be good at shell scripting. Wink
Thanks for the touch controls. Works great on the fire tv. Now all I need to do is see if I can change the categories colour so it stands out a bit more
This addon just gets better and better. Great job.

I have a request. If I have multiple streams set up for 1 channel and I pick a link and it turns out not to be the right channel, in order to pick another link I have to select a different channel, then go back to the previous channel and select another link. Would it be possible to have the stream list come up again when the same channel is playing?

Also i have some channels that are not in my guide. Would it be possible to add ones own streams and label them accordingly. i know there won't be any EPG data but it would be a quck way to get the channel playing, without having to go to the addon that has the channel.

Cheers.
(2016-12-09, 01:36)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the touch controls. Works great on the fire tv. Now all I need to do is see if I can change the categories colour so it stands out a bit more

Is it the colour or the contrast? I can make the background of the buttons black if it's the contrast.
(2016-12-09, 08:34)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 01:36)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the touch controls. Works great on the fire tv. Now all I need to do is see if I can change the categories colour so it stands out a bit more

Is it the colour or the contrast? I can make the background of the buttons black if it's the contrast.

I was thinking more of a colour, but anything really to make them stand out
(2016-12-09, 04:51)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]This addon just gets better and better. Great job.
Agreed, this addon and the continued development is amongst the best I've seen in this community Smile

(2016-12-09, 04:51)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Also i have some channels that are not in my guide. Would it be possible to add ones own streams and label them accordingly. i know there won't be any EPG data but it would be a quck way to get the channel playing, without having to go to the addon that has the channel.
If you're using webgrabplus you can easily assign a dummy channel to achieve this, see here http://www.webgrabplus.com/comment/789#comment-789
version 0.0.223
- Settings \ Background \ Categories Background Colour
- Settings \ Playback \ Always Choose Channel if Alternative Streams Exist
- Settings \ Lab3 \ Secondary XMLTV File (WARNING: very experimental)

@gillmacca I made the Categories background configurable. I hope it helps. I can't do the text.

@ed_davidson 2 early Christmas presents for you.

There is a new setting to always choose your stream if you are already playing that channel and alternative streams exist.

I've added in the ability to add a second xmltv file. It works but be careful. Maybe use a second profile to test it.
There is no testing for the same channel id in both files. You might see a messy epg if there are some that are the same.

You can use that as a full xmltv file if you can find another source with your extra channels in,
or make a dummy one with just your extra channels in.
If you make a dummy one put at least one dummy program in there or it will bomb out of the guide.
0.0.223 had a couple of xmltv loading bugs that are fixed in 0.0.224.
@primaeval, thanks for the great work. please am having update failed. the repo shows version 0.0.223. am on 0.0.222 is this problem from my end or a known issue?

Regard
SJ