Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-07-31, 02:46)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it is me or not; but many times when I "remove stream" then back out to the guide and choose that channel again to get the "choose addon" screen, the stream does not stay removed.

If there is an exact match in your Favourites it will pick that.
Else if there is one exact match for the addons it will pick that next.
Only if there are some partial matches after that will it show you the rest.

Is that was is happening for you?

This just follows the original TV Guide behaviour. If you think it should be different let me know and I'll see what I can do.
(2016-07-31, 00:18)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Addons.ini only lists the video channels.

I'll look into it in more detail tomorrow and see what's happening and will try again.

OK I think I've got it sorted. Was adding folder a level too high, so it wasn't taking it.

Anyway I've got the 3 add-ons feeding in fine now to video and the 2 into radio. ITV is throwing errors, but that's the ITV add-on broken and nothing to do with the guide.

So all is working as it should be with this add-on, nice one.
(2016-07-31, 11:55)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-31, 00:18)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Addons.ini only lists the video channels.

I'll look into it in more detail tomorrow and see what's happening and will try again.

OK I think I've got it sorted. Was adding folder a level too high, so it wasn't taking it.

Anyway I've got the 3 add-ons feeding in fine now to video and the 2 into radio. ITV is throwing errors, but that's the ITV add-on broken and nothing to do with the guide.

So all is working as it should be with this add-on, nice one.

I admit it can be quite complicated and maybe unintuitive. I was just adding functionality into the old TV Guide, so it is a bit hacky.

If you can come up with a more obvious way to do things or some help text I can add, I would be grateful for the help.

ITV from M*******4 works fine for me.
I'll give it some thought. Maybe some highlight borders could help, but as you as it's not that easy to get something simple.Once you get the hang of it though it's quite simple though, and works well with that caveat.

I can get ITV via TVCatch-up, so it's not a big issue (I very rarely watch ITV anyway). It was just through setting it up via the ITV add-on that I noticed that the add-on there is broken again. Will have a look at it, but as I've got OTA anyway I only really use the streaming options when the weather is screwing up the aerial signal anyway.
(2016-07-31, 12:20)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give it some thought. Maybe some highlight borders could help, but as you as it's not that easy to get something simple.Once you get the hang of it though it's quite simple though, and works well with that caveat.

I can get ITV via TVCatch-up, so it's not a big issue (I very rarely watch ITV anyway). It was just through setting it up via the ITV add-on that I noticed that the add-on there is broken again. Will have a look at it, but as I've got OTA anyway I only really use the streaming options when the weather is screwing up the aerial signal anyway.

If you have a pvr solution with a playlist like MikeKL's tvheadend client you can use the ota channels from the m3u.
Announcement - new addon - WebGrab+Plus Configurator
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285918

Setup your xmltv.xml file with a few clicks.
I guess I'm having a samba problem. I use WebGrab++ to make a guide.xml on my Windows PC The guide in Kodi on windows is working.

However; for some reason the guide on my RPi can't read the guide.xml on the PC. It can see it. The Pi can play video from that same drive.

Ivue seems to be able to read it using the same path; smb://COMPAQ/EPG/guide.xml, EPG being the share name of the epg folder at F:/epg on the Windows machine.

Do I need to give it a full path maybe, and what is the correct syntax, if so?

The smb path is set as a source. In Windows the folder is set to share with everyone R,W. Samba.conf workgroup is set correctly to WORKGROUP.

I'm pretty sure it's something stupid Linux/Windows related.
(2016-08-08, 14:44)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'm having a samba problem. I use WebGrab++ to make a guide.xml on my Windows PC The guide in Kodi on windows is working.

However; for some reason the guide on my RPi can't read the guide.xml on the PC. It can see it. The Pi can play video from that same drive.

Ivue seems to be able to read it using the same path; smb://COMPAQ/EPG/guide.xml, EPG being the share name of the epg folder at F:/epg on the Windows machine.

Do I need to give it a full path maybe, and what is the correct syntax, if so?

The smb path is set as a source. In Windows the folder is set to share with everyone R,W. Samba.conf workgroup is set correctly to WORKGROUP.

I'm pretty sure it's something stupid Linux/Windows related.

It might well be this addon. There is a check at line 58 in fileFetcher.py that treats smb as a remote link like http.
Try changing the smb check to xxx or something.

I use local files or NFS, so I haven't seen the problem.
Local does fine, that's why I'm thinking samba is the problem.

I can just use the Pi webgrab, I just seems silly to be using 2 grabbers when one should work. My bandwidth is not an issue, but the guide sites might get uppity.
(2016-08-08, 17:36)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]Local does fine, that's why I'm thinking samba is the problem.

I can just use the Pi webgrab, I just seems silly to be using 2 grabbers when one should work. My bandwidth is not an issue, but the guide sites might get uppity.

Limiting your grabbing is a good idea.

I had some problems with smb on OpenELEC a while ago. There was a setting for workgroup passwords somewhere in the OpenELEC settings.

Can you see smb files at all on the pi, like videos.?
If so can you use the xmltv.xml file in the original TV Guide?
I am trying to narrow down the problem.
(2016-08-08, 17:51)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-08, 17:36)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]Local does fine, that's why I'm thinking samba is the problem.

I had some problems with smb on OpenELEC a while ago. There was a setting for workgroup passwords somewhere in the OpenELEC settings.

yes, I navigated to smb:/COMPAQ/EPG/guide.xml it is there in the guide setup.
I had been having samba asking for a password for access, when the folders are set to "not password protected", then it would not connect when I gave the computer name and password. I did something, don't know what, to stop that. I think the computer changed itself to "work network".

Use samba password is turned off. Wired network. Static addresses.My Windows network is "private". Everything is on WORKGROUP.

Libreelec does not show in my windows network browser. But I can SSH and WinSCP to it. Is something wrong there?

IVUE (the new one with passwords) seems to be reading it.
(2016-08-08, 19:19)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-08, 17:51)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

I had been having samba asking for a password for access, when the folders are set to "not password protected", then it would not connect when I gave the computer name and password. I did something, don't know what, to stop that. I think the computer changed itself to "work network".

Use samba password is turned off. Wired network. Static addresses.My Windows network is "private". Everything is on WORKGROUP.

Libreelec does not show in my windows network browser. But I can SSH and WinSCP to it. Is something wrong there?

Can you use smb:/COMPAQ/EPG/guide.xml in the Kodi repo addon called "TV Guide" by twinther?
(2016-08-08, 19:23)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-08, 19:19)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-08, 17:51)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Limiting your grabbing is a good idea.

Can you use smb:/COMPAQ/EPG/guide.xml in the Kodi repo addon called "TV Guide" by twinther?

Yes, TVGuide by twinther reads the guide.xml fine!
(2016-08-08, 20:42)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-08, 19:23)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-08, 19:19)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]yes, I navigated to smb:/COMPAQ/EPG/guide.xml it is there in the guide setup.

Yes, TVGuide by twinther reads the guide.xml fine!

OK. Good. Then I am pretty sure it is TV Guide Fullscreen that is the problem.

Could you change line 58 in file \addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\fileFetcher.py
from
Code:
fileName.startswith("https://") or fileName.startswith("ftps://") or fileName.startswith("smb://") :
to
Code:
fileName.startswith("https://") or fileName.startswith("ftps://") or fileName.startswith("xxx://") :
and tell me if it fixes it.
That did it!!!!!

Thank you

Now to continue with my learning curve.