Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Primaeval,

Thanks for all your help and work this year.

You should take some time out to have a sleep during the holiday LOL

Best wishes to you and yours
I am sorry If I missed it. but is there a way to link the channels to run the android channel apps? (Android apps like Freeform, Fox, AMC ETC)

Yidio and yo TV apps are not controller friendly on my android. this seemed like a possible alternative.

it seems like it would be able to pick up those channel apps since there is an android app menu and most of the channels are already set up on my home page by marking the android apps as favorites

(2016-12-27, 11:56)tornicade Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry If I missed it. but is there a way to link the channels to run the android channel apps? (Android apps like Freeform, Fox, AMC ETC)

Yidio and yo TV apps are not controller friendly on my android. this seemed like a possible alternative.

it seems like it would be able to pick up those channel apps since there is an android app menu and most of the channels are already set up on my home page by marking the android apps as favorites

What happens when you add the channel shortcut to Kodi Favourites and try to Save it in Stream Setup \ Favourites?
Does it play?
version 0.0.268
- choose stream if not set from most other lists and views
- Channel Index Shortcuts - default action is CHANNEL_NUMBER = ACTION_SHIFT (map up Shift to something in Keymap Editor)
- Settings \ Appearance \ Show Channel Index Numbers
- Settings \ Appearance \ Channel Index Digits

Channel Index Shortcuts:

Map up the Shift key button to something in Keymap Editor: perhaps Shift, or whatever button is spare on your remote control.

In the EPG and most views press Shift then a 3 digit code for the channel number.
Start with zero's for indexes under 100.

The guide will scroll to that channel.

Channel index numbers and the number of digits can be set in Settings \ Appearance.

Press Shift again if you want to cancel half-way through.
Awesome idea for channel numbers. Was gonna request it, but wasn't sure if it was possible or something people wanted

Is there a way for me to assign my own channel numbers?
(2016-12-27, 17:31)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome idea for channel numbers. Was gonna request it, but wasn't sure if it was possible or something people wanted

Thanks.

I'm not sure if it needs some extra help for remote control button numbers.
I've only tested it with my mini-keyboard.
version 0.0.270
- Settings \ Appearance \ Always Open Menu on Play (good for Touch devices)
- main EPG touch controls - Now, Next, Search

This Setting should help on Touch Screen devices to always get to the full Menu by pressing a Program:
Settings \ Appearance \ Always Open Menu on Play
Is there a way to assign my own channel numbers?
(2016-12-28, 07:21)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to assign my own channel numbers?

No. The numbers follow the channel numbering. You can move them around in Menu \ Channels.
version 0.0.271
- Channel Search (4)
- go Left for Channel Listing from Channel Search, c for Program Menu
(2016-12-27, 12:00)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-27, 11:56)tornicade Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry If I missed it. but is there a way to link the channels to run the android channel apps? (Android apps like Freeform, Fox, AMC ETC)

What happens when you add the channel shortcut to Kodi Favourites and try to Save it in Stream Setup \ Favourites?
Does it play?

So I set up the demo pvr, found a Australia URL for the epg. (I'm in the US). and finally got the TV Guide to load.
once there I selected a channel and went to the save stream option.. from my favourites only the channel for tiny Ktittens channel from livestreams kodi addon worked. non of my android app channels marked as favoruites. listed.

I then installed everything in the repository and used the WWE android channel apps to add to the simple favourites.

No dice.

I thought there would be an option for the Yo.tv or Yidio epg (which was entirely my mistake). I guess I don't understand how to set it up or get the proper XTMLV file as a source.

I would like to get more use out of kodi on my android but none of the legal uses are very android friendly. (integrated.)

Thanks for the reply. and excellent work on this add on.
(2016-12-28, 13:39)tornicade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-27, 12:00)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

Does it play?

So I set up the demo pvr, found a Australia URL for the epg. (I'm in the US). and finally got the TV Guide to load.
once there I selected a channel and went to the save stream option.. from my favourites only the channel for tiny Ktittens channel from livestreams kodi addon worked. non of my android app channels marked as favoruites. listed.

I then installed everything in the repository and used the WWE android channel apps to add to the simple favourites.

No dice.

I thought there would be an option for the Yo.tv or Yidio epg (which was entirely my mistake). I guess I don't understand how to set it up or get the proper XTMLV file as a source.

I would like to get more use out of kodi on my android but none of the legal uses are very android friendly. (integrated.)

Thanks for the reply. and excellent work on this add on.

I have no idea about linking any Android app channels to this addon. You need to find an Android guru. I doubt if it is going to be easy but it would be nice to know if you find out.
(2016-12-28, 07:21)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to assign my own channel numbers?

No. The numbers follow the channel numbering. You can move them around in Menu \ Channels.
[/quote]

@gillmacca, I do this directly in the WG Configurator
I'm running out of things to add to this addon or things that need fixing.

Has anyone got any requests that I've forgotten about?
(2016-12-28, 16:43)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running out of things to add to this addon or things that need fixing.

Has anyone got any requests that I've forgotten about?

It still doesn't make me a brew yet.