Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @primeval if you want another tweak, how about when I press back button on my remote it takes me back to the guide. Or is that a KEYMAP issue?
Right now to stop playback I press home then once at kodi home I press stop on the controls.

Cheers
(2016-12-28, 18:27)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 18:17)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 16:43)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running out of things to add to this addon or things that need fixing.

Has anyone got any requests that I've forgotten about?

Yes. Maybe you could take a look at why program images only appear when titles are in English.

Send me a pm with a link to your xmltv file and I'll see what I can do.

Sent.
(2016-12-28, 18:15)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 18:14)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 18:09)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]@Hinkel, do you mean, set up channels numbers or moving the channels around?

@gillmacca, Using move to sort the channels thus defining the numbering.

Thanks, but I already have my channels sorted in the order I want them in, in the xmltv file. Was just hoping I could match the channel numbers in this guide with my settop box (I have certain channels that I know the channel numbers, so I can just jump to that channel on my set top box)

I can add an offset if that helps to match them up.

In my guide sky news is channel 196, on sky its 501. If you did set up an offset, would that mean I could set the tv guide to have sky news on channel 501?
If so, that would be great if it can be accomplished
Just noticed, if I go into categories the channel numbers are not the same as in 'all channels'.
Example: 'All Channels', sky news is 196, under 'news' category it is 001
(2016-12-28, 19:32)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed, if I go into categories the channel numbers are not the same as in 'all channels'.

That's right. It is not a channel number. It is an index into the visible channels.
(2016-12-28, 18:53)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @primeval if you want another tweak, how about when I press back button on my remote it takes me back to the guide. Or is that a KEYMAP issue?
Right now to stop playback I press home then once at kodi home I press stop on the controls.

Cheers

Back should take you back to the guide with the default settings as long as the addon you are using doesn't force you into Kodi Fullscreen mode. Even then it should get you back to the guide.

If you have OSD turned off or Alternative Streaming method turned on you won't go into normal OSD mode and Back might not get you back to the guide.

There are also 3 settings at the bottom of Setting \ Playback that set what happens when you press Back.

And it depends whether your Back key is actually set to Back or Escape or Fullscreen or something else.

Compare what you have with a default setup in Windows.
The Backspace key should be mapped to Back, Tab to Fullscreen and Escape to Exit.
Assume Show Channel Index Numbers is a recent new feature. (001, 002 etc)

Note: Default is enabled? when user updating from previous beta releases...

Intially wondered if it was a bug, before searching through available options and disabling Show Channel Index Numbers. Wink

For reference now using milhouse LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0) nightlies Blush
(2016-12-28, 19:49)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 19:32)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed, if I go into categories the channel numbers are not the same as in 'all channels'.

That's right. It is not a channel number. It is an index into the visible channels.

OK, I understand now. I thought they were actual channel numbers, that would be the same in categories as they are in 'all channels'.
I'm not sure having an offset option would be any use in my scenario, as I would want the numbers to match up regardless of the view I am in.
Great option regardless (for people who want to use it)
(2016-12-28, 20:02)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]Assume Show Channel Index Numbers is a recent new feature. (001, 002 etc)

Note: Default is enabled? when user updating from previous beta releases...

Intially wondered if it was a bug, before searching through available options and disabling Show Channel Index Numbers. Wink

For reference now using milhouse LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0) nightlies Blush

I thought I had better enable it by default because if someone accidentally presses the Shift key they will get stuck in the channel shortcut mode until they press 3 numbers or Shift again. This way they have to find out what the numbers mean.
(2016-12-28, 20:05)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 19:49)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

OK, I understand now. I thought they were actual channel numbers, that would be the same in categories as they are in 'all channels'.
I'm not sure having an offset option would be any use in my scenario, as I would want the numbers to match up regardless of the view I am in.

The other option is to have the channel numbers set as the id in the xmltv file but that won't work for people without any control over their xmltv files.

I didn't expect people to need this feature in their categories. How many channels have you got in a category?
Most channels I have in a category are 25
(2016-12-28, 20:15)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 20:05)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 19:49)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]That's right. It is not a channel number. It is an index into the visible channels.

The other option is to have the channel numbers set as the id in the xmltv file but that won't work for people without any control over their xmltv files.

I didn't expect people to need this feature in their categories. How many channels have you got in a category?

As you said, these are not channel numbers, but index numbers. 2 completely different things, so I understand why the numbers are reset when in categories.
If they were channel numbers, then that would be a different matter
(2016-12-28, 19:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 18:53)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @primeval if you want another tweak, how about when I press back button on my remote it takes me back to the guide. Or is that a KEYMAP issue?

Cheers

Back should take you back to the guide with the default settings as long as the addon you are using doesn't force you into Kodi Fullscreen mode. Even then it should get you back to the guide.

If you have OSD turned off or Alternative Streaming method turned on you won't go into normal OSD mode and Back might not get you back to the guide.

There are also 3 settings at the bottom of Setting \ Playback that set what happens when you press Back.

And it depends whether your Back key is actually set to Back or Escape or Fullscreen or something else.

The Backspace key should be mapped to Back, Tab to Fullscreen and Escape to Exit.

I do have the default settings yes. When I click a stream it takes me to full screen. On Windows I can get the guide back by pressing escape. On LE the back button does nothing.
The Enter OK button on Windows and LE does nothing.
I can get the OSD to come up on Windows by double clicking the mouse. Then the enter OK button works fine.
Hope this helps.
(2016-12-28, 20:34)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 19:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers

I do have the default settings yes. When I click a stream it takes me to full screen. On Windows I can get the guide back by pressing escape. On LE the back button does nothing.
The Enter OK button on Windows and LE does nothing.
I can get the OSD to come up on Windows by double clicking the mouse. Then the enter OK button works fine.
Hope this helps.

On LE map up your Back key in Keymap Editor to Global \ Navigation \ Back. Probably. The kids are using the TV so I can't check.

Double clicking the mouse in Windows will probably take you into Kodi Fullscreen mode and then show the Kodi Video OSD.
If you want the OSD for TV Guide Fullscreen just press i when the video is playing in the foreground.

If you see the normal Kodi Video OSD and other overlays you have left the TV Guide addon completely.
(2016-12-28, 20:34)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 20:15)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 20:05)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I understand now. I thought they were actual channel numbers, that would be the same in categories as they are in 'all channels'.

As you said, these are not channel numbers, but index numbers. 2 completely different things, so I understand why the numbers are reset when in categories.
If they were channel numbers, then that would be a different matter

If you can think of a generic solution that will work for everyone I'll see if I can implement it. This is still very beta software and I'm pretty open to suggestions.