Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-01, 20:30)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-01, 16:00)enerdude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-01, 14:43)TaffP Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so any pointers on where I get an xmltv file for uk tv?

Or do I have to do something with Webgrab+?

Thanks

Try this public one

Code:
https://github.com/txt3rob/kodi-sky-epg

Tried the link, but could not get it to load

OK, so I have tried putting various xmltv url's in the xmltv source field in settings but to no avail.

I repeatedly get 'Oops, sorry about that. could not load data, check settings or try again later...'

Could somebody who has this guide working please point me in the direction of a good xml file or url? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
@primaeval I need to tidy up the code for channel surfing. I could probably add in an option to have surfing in EPG enabled. It shouldn't be hard to do.

I will also make a convert of my FTV Guide skin to TVGF. That will take some time though because of all the extra features in TVGF.
(2017-01-02, 01:56)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval I need to tidy up the code for channel surfing. I could probably add in an option to have surfing in EPG enabled. It shouldn't be hard to do.

I will also make a convert of my FTV Guide skin to TVGF. That will take some time though because of all the extra features in TVGF.

Thanks. I think the setting needs an enum:
Channel Shortcut Behaviour: Always Scroll|Play in TV Mode, Scroll in EPG|Always Play
version 0.0.277
- Settings \ Playback \ Channel Shortcuts \ Auto-Play Channel On Numeric Input = Always Scroll|Scroll in EPG, Play in TV Mode|Always Play
- Right Click for Menu in EPG (remove ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU from CLOSE and add to MENU in Settings \ Lab1 \ Action Editor)
- Local File modified time check (you can set "Settings \ Source \ File download Interval" to "every start" now)
- File download fix for no authorisation

A few fixes.

* Option to Scroll or Play for the Numeric Channel Shortcuts.
Slightly different than RayW1986's as it will still scroll in EPG mode if something is playing. Maybe this needs an option?

* As long as your local computers are in sync you should be able to set "File download interval" to "every start" and it will only do a full update when the xmltv file has changed. Not for urls.
You can use the background update service too if you prefer.

* You might need to use the Action Editor to reset the actions to get Right Click for Menu back.

* This should let you download xmltv files from Github now. It might fix Dropbox too.
(2017-01-02, 07:50)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02, 01:56)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval I need to tidy up the code for channel surfing. I could probably add in an option to have surfing in EPG enabled. It shouldn't be hard to do.

Thanks. I think the setting needs an enum:
Channel Shortcut Behaviour: Always Scroll|Play in TV Mode, Scroll in EPG|Always Play

I think you're right, it needs an enum with a few different options really. I'll test latest version later and I'll have something sent over to you later too.
version 0.0.279
- Channel Id to Shortcut map = addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/channel_id_shortcut.ini
- copy and edit this file that is made on startup - addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/channel_id_title.ini

A little new year present to anyone who wants to return their set-top box. Wink

If you can't or can't be arsed to modify your xmltv file here is an easier way to do it.

* On every guide startup a file will be created with the id=title channel mappings:
channel id=channel title
eg
xyz123=BBC One
The file is called:
addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/channel_id_title.ini

* Copy that file to:
addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/channel_id_shortcut.ini

* Change the "channel title"s to whatever your set-top box Numeric Channel Shortcut code is:
eg
change:
xyz123=BBC One
to
xyz123=100

* Save the file.

* Set "Settings \ Playback \ Channel Shortcut Type" to "xmltv id"
Set "Settings \ Playback \ Start When Any Number Key Pressed" to On.

* Reload the guide.

* You should be able to use the Number keys to go to that Channel Shortcut.
eg (100 should go to BBC One)

* This only works for the xmltv source.
(2017-01-01, 18:52)TaffP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-01, 16:00)enerdude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-01, 14:43)TaffP Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so any pointers on where I get an xmltv file for uk tv?

Or do I have to do something with Webgrab+?

Thanks

Try this public one

Code:
https://github.com/txt3rob/kodi-sky-epg

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I assume I just enter it in the XML URL field in the TV Guide Settings?

On that page you will find the direct link to enter in settings:

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/txt3rob/kodi-sky-epg/master/guide.xml
(2017-01-02, 12:45)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.279
- Channel Id to Shortcut map = addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/channel_id_shortcut.ini
- copy and edit this file that is made on startup - addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/channel_id_title.ini

A little new year present to anyone who wants to return their set-top box. Wink

If you can't or can't be arsed to modify your xmltv file here is an easier way to do it.

* On every guide startup a file will be created with the id=title channel mappings:
channel id=channel title
eg
xyz123=BBC One
The file is called:
addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/channel_id_title.ini

* Copy that file to:
addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/channel_id_shortcut.ini

* Change the "channel title"s to whatever your set-top box Numeric Channel Shortcut code is:
eg
change:
xyz123=BBC One
to
xyz123=100

* Save the file.

* Set "Settings \ Playback \ Channel Shortcut Type" to "xmltv id"
Set "Settings \ Playback \ Start When Any Number Key Pressed" to On.

* Reload the guide.

* You should be able to use the Number keys to go to that Channel Shortcut.
eg (100 should go to BBC One)

* This only works for the xmltv source.

Good work... I just finished changing all my XMLTV_ID's.... Hahaha Wink

I'll test this out as well. You're keeping yourself busy.
(2017-01-02, 13:11)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Good work... I just finished changing all my XMLTV_ID's.... Hahaha Wink

Thanks. It's nice to get back to my desktop pc. Things can get done properly here. Smile

xmltv_ids are the cleanest way to do it.
You would still have to manually change them in the new file so you haven't wasted your time.
(2017-01-02, 13:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02, 13:11)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Good work... I just finished changing all my XMLTV_ID's.... Hahaha Wink

Thanks. It's nice to get back to my desktop pc. Things can get done properly here. Smile

You would still have to manually change them in the new file so you haven't wasted your time.

So just so I'm certain, if I have 001=BBC One, I need to change it to 001=001, correct?
(2017-01-02, 13:22)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02, 13:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

So just so I'm certain, if I have 001=BBC One, I need to change it to 001=001, correct?

Yes. It gives you id=title and you need to change it to id=shortcut.
I left the title/name in there so it would be easy to find the channels if the ids are unrelated to the name.

I'll make an editor later to make it easier if you are on a tv box, but it probably is much faster to just edit the file on a full sized computer if you can get to the file.

[EDIT] If you already have the xmltv_ids you don't need this new file at all.
@primaeval, @RayW1986, please am a little bit confused with update 0.0.279, I have ccess to my xmltv and I have already changed the ids through webgrab+ to match my UK set top box. Do I need to follow the instruction explained by @primaeval, and what is the different.

Regards
SJ
(2017-01-02, 13:32)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02, 13:22)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02, 13:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. It's nice to get back to my desktop pc. Things can get done properly here. Smile

Yes. It gives you id=title and you need to change it to id=shortcut.
I left the title/name in there so it would be easy to find the channels if the ids are unrelated to the name.

I'll make an editor later to make it easier if you are on a tv box, but it probably is much faster to just edit the file on a full sized computer if you can get to the file.

[EDIT] If you already have the xmltv_ids you don't need this new file at all.

Understood. So will the new way the ID shortcut is handled mean that if I'm in one category I can use the shortcut to still get to a channel in a different category?
@samueljones You shouldn't need to follow any of these new instructions if your xmltv_ids work.

@RayW1986 The ID won't skip Categories at the moment. It just checks if the number is in the list of ids currently shown.
Maybe it should but that would mean switching back to All Channels and might be confusing.
What do set-top boxes do?
(2017-01-02, 13:40)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@samueljones You shouldn't need to follow any of these new instructions if your xmltv_ids work.

@RayW1986 The ID won't skip Categories at the moment. It just checks if the number is in the list of ids currently shown.
Maybe it should but that would mean switching back to All Channels and might be confusing.
What do set-top boxes do?

Set-top boxes I have used tend to skip to any channel number id input regardless of what section of the epg you're in.

I do see how this could become confusing though, and we can only work on assumptions that make sense to us. For example, when I had Sky TV, I would only choose a category in the EPG when either A) I wasn't sure what I wanted to watch but knew what kind of channel I wanted to watch, or B) didn't know a channel's number but knew it would be in Music/Sport/etc so used it as a shortcut. While in a category I browsed using the directional keys on my remote and never with channel input.

I make this assumption that others would have similar experiences or use the guide the same way I do because it makes sense to me. You, and others, most likely use a guide differently and so make other assumptions of users.

I'm not sure what we can do here as a common ground, frankly it isn't that important right now, we have time to think. Wink