Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-04, 22:08)enerdude Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval Happy new year to you and thanks for this great EPG - definately the best there is!

I have another idea to make this great guide even better - adding even more functionality to your lab 2 - regarding the tvguide.co.uk data source.

Would it be possible to add a setting where one can put your email address and then the guide will extract your personal list of channels and their data?

The way I see it operating is that you currently scrape e.g
Code:
http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?catcolor=&systemid=xxx

where xxx is the different provider ids e.g. 5 for sky etc

If you could add code to just do a POST request first to
Code:
http://www.tvguide.co.uk/mychannels.asp
with data of
Code:
thisDay=&thisTime=&gridSpan=03:00&[email protected]&xn=Retrieve my profile&regionid=-1&systemid=-1

and then redirect back to
Code:
http://www.tvguide.co.uk

it should then allow you to scrape the unique profile's channels?

Or is it more work than this? I know you have limited time but maybe something you can work on whenever you have time again Wink

version 0.0.284
- Settings \ Lab2 \ tvguide.co.uk email (overrides Provider)

Have a go with this. You might need to do a database reset or refresh to get it to recognise the new channels.

@enerdude Thanks for the idea.
I find myself searching the synopsis nearly everyday for the same words, and it got me thinking, would it be possible to do one of these things:
Show my search history, so I could select a previous search and it would show updated listings (maybe would need a way to remove individual searches, as the list could get quite long).
or, and my preferred way:
Custom lists - I search for something, and can add that search to a custom list, plus have the ability to add more than one thing to the custom list
(2017-01-06, 11:28)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]I find myself searching the synopsis nearly everyday for the same words, and it got me thinking, would it be possible to do one of these things:
Show my search history, so I could select a previous search and it would show updated listings (maybe would need a way to remove individual searches, as the list could get quite long).
or, and my preferred way:
Custom lists - I search for something, and can add that search to a custom list, plus have the ability to add more than one thing to the custom list

version 0.0.285
- saved lists for Title and Synopsis Searches

@gillmacca Try this.

The Search Dialogs with now show you New, Remove and saved searches.
You can edit the search before you run it too.

The lists are saved as simple text files in:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\title_search.list
and
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\synopsis_search.list
Awesome. Many thanks
version 0.0.287
- Next/Previous Day invisible buttons (over date)

A couple more invisible buttons for touchy-feely people.

Has S (on keyboard), been recently assigned to any other function recently.
I use to use it keymapping the search function, but now it seems to freeze my system (can't do anything, have to manually restart SPMC). Only thing that seems to work is scrolling programme title

Just press 4 on the keyboard, and it's all working again, until I press S again....strange
(2017-01-06, 12:46)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Has S (on keyboard), been recently assigned to any other function recently.
I use to use it keymapping the search function, but now it seems to freeze my system (can't do anything, have to manually restart SPMC). Only thing that seems to work is scrolling programme title

Not by me but S is for the Exit menu by default. SPMC might bypass the keymapping for such an important menu.

The only things I added or changed recently were:
Code:
"CLOSE": ["ACTION_NAV_BACK", "ACTION_PARENT_DIR"],
"MENU": ["ACTION_CONTEXT_MENU","ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU"],
"CHANNEL_NUMBER": ["ACTION_SHIFT"],
"GO_TO_FIRST_CHANNEL": ["ACTION_LAST_PAGE"],
"CHANNEL_DIALOG": ["ACTION_MOUSE_MIDDLE_CLICK"],
If you have this turned on
Settings \ Playback \ Start When Any Number Key Pressed (or map Shift Key to start)
the normal number key shortcuts won't work any more.

You have to press 3 number keys for the channel shortcut if you do it that way.
Found the problem,
For some reason, when I press S, it is entering '4' in the channel number selection box

Edit: I've turned off 'start when any number key pressed' and now search works, but as you state, pressing a number will no longer automatically enter a number in the channel selection box
If you or anyone else want to use the Channel Shortcuts there are several ways to do it.
Don't say I never give you choices. Wink

* Turn on this and enter 3 digits. There is a yellow channel number input at the top left.
Settings \ Playback \ Start When Any Number Key Pressed (or map Shift Key to start)

* Map up Shift to the Shift key or something else in Keymap Editor or another action in Lab1 \ Action Editor.
Press Shift, then enter the 3 digits.

* Use the Mouse Middle Click to open the Channel Shortcut dialog, or map it to another key.

* Click the NUM button in the touch controls to launch the dialog.
OK, on to my next issue (not tvguide issue)....lol
I have decided to use my own sourced channel logos (main reason, it seems to show them quicker, than via a link in the xml file, and I have control over them If I want to change them)
I have pointed the tvguide to look on my server at a logo folder (i'm presuming this then ignores the logo link in the xml file), and I have turned off 'keep last channel logo mapping'
All logos appear except for 2 channels (which strangely enough don't have a link in the xml file...related?)
The logos are the same size and format as the rest of the logos, and are named the same as the channel
I have tried 'download all channel logos', but the 2 channel logos do not appear in the channel_logos folder (I presume I can manually move them to there).
(2017-01-06, 13:29)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]OK, on to my next issue (not tvguide issue)....lol
I have decided to use my own sourced channel logos (main reason, it seems to show them quicker, than via a link in the xml file, and I have control over them If I want to change them)
I have pointed the tvguide to look on my server at a logo folder (i'm presuming this then ignores the logo link in the xml file), and I have turned off 'keep last channel logo mapping'
All logos appear except for 2 channels (which strangely enough don't have a link in the xml file...related?)
The logos are the same size and format as the rest of the logos, and are named the same as the channel
I have tried 'download all channel logos', but the 2 channel logos do not appear in the channel_logos folder (I presume I can manually move them to there).

I expect they either have spaces in the channel name or some other non-ascii character.

Check whether a space character has been converted to a + or %20.

There can be several conversions along the way from the xml file to a file on a server.
They all have there own way of encoding a space or other non-ascii character.
(2017-01-06, 13:37)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-06, 13:29)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]OK, on to my next issue (not tvguide issue)....lol

I expect they either have spaces in the channel name or some other non-ascii character.

Check whether a space character has been converted to a + or %20.

There can be several conversions along the way from the xml file to a file on a server.
They all have there own way of encoding a space or other non-ascii character.

Thanks for the info.
I'll have a tinker about with those 2
(2017-01-02, 15:13)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02, 14:57)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@MikeKL are you using Jarvis or Kodi Xyclone or Kodi Zeta now? Wink It is ok in Jarvis for me.
OK, understand could be LibreELEC build related, currently using latest nightly #0101, from here on my rpi2
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461

---edit---Looks like going to need to rollback to Krypton or even Jarvis ;-) as loving the work on this add-on.
@primaeval

Not rolled back to earlier releases of Krypton yet, to see when breakage to the ability to assign streams to channels from addons occurs, as no urgent need. Thought it useful to post kodi debug log when attempting to access stream setup and alterantive stream options, which may provide key clues to issue? LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0) build #0105 kodi debug log
(2017-01-06, 14:23)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02, 15:13)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-02, 14:57)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@MikeKL are you using Jarvis or Kodi Xyclone or Kodi Zeta now? Wink It is ok in Jarvis for me.
OK, understand could be LibreELEC build related, currently using latest nightly #0101, from here on my rpi2
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461

---edit---Looks like going to need to rollback to Krypton or even Jarvis ;-) as loving the work on this add-on.
@primaeval

Not rolled back to earlier releases of Krypton yet, to see when breakage to the ability to assign streams to channels from addons occurs, as no urgent need. Thought it useful to post kodi debug log when attempting to access stream setup and alterantive stream options, which may provide key clues to issue? LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0) build #0105 kodi debug log

I can't see any errors or problems from the log.

What exactly is missing?
Is addons.ini still made correctly from the Add Folder command?
Can you assign a stream to a channel with the Save command either from an Addon or a Favourite?
Do any matches come up in the Stream Addon dialog?