Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-20, 21:05)endee1 Wrote: [ -> ]Very impressed so far.
Quick question:
I have my own guide.xml and .ini files hosted online. Setup the guide to work with these and all works fine.
Is there a way to hardcode these, and probably some other settings in? Or alternatively is there a way I can include the userdata along with the addon, into an installable zip?

I have several (elderly/technologically challenged etc) family members in different locations using my modded version of FTVguide right now. Would like to replace with this but I don't want to have to set them all up individually.

Thanks.

You need something else to keep the settings in sync. You could try my Downloader addon to unzip a file into the addon_data folder on a night-time timer as long as they don't mind you overwriting things for them.

This has become a pretty complicated addon full of experimental features. Make sure it is really what they need. There are a whole range of TV Guides between the original and this one that offer different trade-offs in features, flexibility and simplicity.
version 0.0.305
- Action Bar in CatBar skin
- Settings \ Appearance \ Show Action Bar
- Settings \ Appearance \ Down to Action Bar
- Settings \ Appearance \ Reset Action Bar
- customise the Action Bar in file:
\userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\actions.json
- format is ["Name", "Action", "Icon"]

NEW: Action Bar in CatBar skin.

* Fully customisable list of Actions.

* Edit the json file to map buttons to any Action that Kodi can do.

* Make sure you have a remote button set to Page Down if you enable "Down to Action Bar".

The Action is run with the command:
xbmc.executebuiltin(function)

I've included an example set of commands to get you started.

Useful info about Kodi commands:
http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_Functions
http://kodi.wiki/view/Action_IDs
The names of the actions and keypresses that need to be added to an Action() command:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/7dcfac...or.cpp#L58

If you're making your own skin you can use icons for the buttons.
The code is already there in gui.py.
You just need to make an image in the 7100 List Control and link it to the ListItem.Icon.

This should keep you busy for a few hours over the weekend. Wink
I'm just about ready to start setting up alternative streams, and have a couple of requests (if they don't already exist)
1...If I add an alt stream, I get a pop up asking me which stream to play. Is there a setting somewhere, where it will just play the 1st(main) stream?

2...Sometimes my streams may be out of sync or no audio, so it got me thinking, is there a shortcut key where I could cycle through my streams for that channel, until I find a good stream?
(2017-01-21, 11:15)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just about ready to start setting up alternative streams, and have a couple of requests (if they don't already exist)
1...If I add an alt stream, I get a pop up asking me which stream to play. Is there a setting somewhere, where it will just play the 1st(main) stream?

2...Sometimes my streams may be out of sync or no audio, so it got me thinking, is there a shortcut key where I could cycle through my streams for that channel, until I find a good stream?

1. No. I ran out of sensible spare buttons to do that.
I'll see if I can add an empty Action Command that you can configure to do that.

2. No. I might be able to do it.
I'll see how much complexity it adds.

If the streams are bad just don't link to them.

A useful setting is to limit the bandwidth of streams in Kodi. I have to do that for some 50fps BBC streams.
eg
Kodi \ System \ System \ Internet Access \ Internet connection bandwidth limitation \ 2560 kbps
Don't really understand how limiting the bandwidth helps. Surely I want as much bandwidth available, especially if I'm watching 1080p movie on a 10 mbps network. It seems the play the files fine with bandwidth limiter off, it just live tv streaming where I get the issues
(2017-01-21, 11:55)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Don't really understand how limiting the bandwidth helps. Surely I want as much bandwidth available, especially if I'm watching 1080p movie on a 10 mbps network. It seems the play the files file with bandwidth limiter off, it just live tv streaming where I get the issues

Some streams have an m3u link that contains all the possible streams in one m3u file.
If you limit the bandwidth it will pick one that your connection can handle.

An example is my BBC TV addon.
It will pick the 50fps 720p stream by default.
If you limit the bandwidth it will pick the best stream with a bitrate below the limit that you set.

Even if you have a massive isp bandwidth the stream server might not be able to give you a reliable connection for your 1080p movie, especially if it is coming out of someone's shed in Pakistan. Wink

[EDIT] Even in the UK lots of people couldn't get the full 50fps streams from the BBC in London at peak times.
Quote:Even if you have a massive isp bandwidth the stream server might not be able to give you a reliable connection for your 1080p movie, especially if it is coming out of someone's shed in Pakistan. Wink

RoflRoflRofl
NEW addon.

PVR Plugin Player.

* Plays Addon Streams in the Kodi PVR.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304658

It might be useful in this guide as it has the option to do the Stream Search or just play an Addon Stream directly.
primaeval/all,

I'm really having a hard time getting this whole package installed from the install links on the first page to the xmltv configuration within the configuration settings. I consider myself very computer skilled, but I guess not Kodi skilled from a developer standpoint. I am sure I'm not the only one with this problem either.

So, with that said, I would like to ask the folks who know this add-on well, if they could spare some time to do a step-by-step installation "tutorial for Dummies" for a Windows 10 installation and configuration for TV Guide Fullscreen, and maybe the WebGrab program, or a couple WIKI pages.

Currently there are no WIKI's, just this 96 page thread that is "all over the place". From doing my research on this add-on, some say it's the next best up and coming TV Guide.

Thank you,
Frank
Long time reader, first time poster.
haha , i have been looking all over youtube etc for a tutorial on this there are so many addons in the video and program addons section of the repo its impossible to set this up without some instruction.
@fetoma The essential features of TV Guide Fullscreen are pretty simple if you've used one of the other guides before.
The experimental features need a bit of searching or experimentation and change almost daily. Wink
This is a Beta Lab for new ideas in the TV Guide world. Don't expect a polished final product.

I try to mark new features and tutorials with an exclamation mark. I'll see if I can collect the links in the first post.

There is a bit of Help in Settings \ Help \ Command Keys
You can remap almost all of those commands now.

Quick Start

Settings \ Source \ XMLTV File
choose Url or File
point to your guide.xml file

Settings \ Logos \ External Logo Source
find a local or remote folder full of channel logos that match the xmltv file

Open the Guide.

right click, c \ Stream Setup \ Browse
select an Addon with Channels in it.
click
select a Folder with Channels in it
click
Add Folder
back out to the guide

Play the Channel
click on a program
if you're lucky it will offer you stream matches
pick one
click

Simple Wink

There is probably more info about the Webgrab+Plus Configurator in the first post than this addon.
Look for a link at the bottom of the post for the Windows Tutorial.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285918
(2017-01-21, 17:41)fetoma Wrote: [ -> ]... some say it's the next best up and coming TV Guide.

It's better than that, it's the standard others use in their addons on now Wink

Before you even start to use this guide, you will need a xmltv first.

Check the lab 2 section in settings for UK data or you can create your own custom one via WebGrab+Plus.
@fetoma I think the best advice is to add a new throw-away Kodi Profile and start experimenting by pressing buttons and changing settings.

As @unlocKing said there are a few alternative sources in Settings \ Lab2 to get you started without having to make or find an xmltv file. The easiest is "tvguide.co.uk now".
Thanks all for the help. I'll keep on trying.
Anyone have the post # for the Win10 Full TV Screen tutorial?