Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pleased to see thread re-instated Blush

Perhaps it would be beneficial to also mention/link within 1st post of thread a general reminder awareness to kodi banned_add-ons list
(For new and existing users of TV Guide Fullscreen add-on as by default designed to operate with various Live Video sources including user installed Video addons)

Also perhaps include a short FAQ with some pre FAQ pointers (Following examples copied from iplayer WWW thread) i.e.

Quote:If you post any problems with the add-on, please first read FAQ below and try to be as specific as possible:

Where did you encounter problem? Which section/menu entry did you select?
What is nature of problem? typo? Empty content? Stream not playing?
What Is error message you receive in GUI or in your kodi.log file? If available, please specify.
Which version and platform of Kodi are you using?
Which version of add-on are you using?

FAQ

TBC

Just a thought
(2017-01-24, 20:20)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]^^^

Good idea. I added a Warning section on the first post with the links from bry.
This thread was in program addons before it was removed, would be better if it was there as it is a tv guide and not a video addon.
Hello @primaeval, the EPG of my channel grid is out of time in two hours, I think this happened after the last updates of the addon. I have analyzed the WG.log and there is correct the schedule of the programs, I also checked the PVR guide that is also presenting the time correctly. Only on TVGuide Fullscreen is out of date. Could you check what's happening please?

Note: It may be up to coincidence but in my EPG shows the information of the programs that will start two hours later, which coincidentally is the same difference between our time zones.
Have you tried to reset the source.db?
(2017-01-27, 01:36)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @primaeval, the EPG of my channel grid is out of time in two hours, I think this happened after the last updates of the addon. I have analyzed the WG.log and there is correct the schedule of the programs, I also checked the PVR guide that is also presenting the time correctly. Only on TVGuide Fullscreen is out of date. Could you check what's happening please?

Note: It may be up to coincidence but in my EPG shows the information of the programs that will start two hours later, which coincidentally is the same difference between our time zones.

Hi @Hinkel. Nothing has changed in the way the guide handles xmltv dates for a very long time.
There are differences in the way this guide and the original TV Guide handle time offsets.
This guide usually handles the output from webgrab correctly if you are visiting another country but the original TV Guide doesn't.
Maybe the scraper in webgrab has changed.
You'll have to send me some more info by pm about the webgrab config and tv guide provider ini files.

Different providers configure the xmltv file differently. Some compensate for time differences, some add a utc offset and some leave the times as local to the time zone they come from.
There is a time compensation in IPTV Simple Client to handle some of this.

VPNs and proxies can also cause confusion as Kodi might be in one time zone but webgrab might be in a different time zone.
Hi Everyone.

The last episode of having this thread binned has been too much stress for me.
I probably won't be doing much more to TV Guide Fullscreen for a long time for my sanity.
If anyone wants to fork it on Github and take it further they are welcome to.
Just please use your own api keys and addon name.

Kodi was supposed to be my relaxation project. Maybe it will be again in the future.

primaeval
I'd just like to say thank you primaeval for all your work on this addon and the excellent support you have provided to people in this thread. The guide is streets ahead of any other tv guide addon which is a credit to your coding skills and dedication. It's a shame it has come to this but I'm sure everyone understands that this is always supposed to be a fun project, and if you're not enjoying it then why continue. Hope to see you back in the future. Cheers.
(2017-01-25, 22:05)coolstud Wrote: [ -> ]This thread was in program addons before it was removed, would be better if it was there as it is a tv guide and not a video addon.

After reviewing with @primaeval as to where he would prefer it, I've moved it back to program add-ons. A shortcut will remain in the video add-ons section for a couple of weeks just to ensure everyone who wants to can find the thread.
Just to piggyback of off FXB, I agree that it is a shame you have decided to step away. I hope it isn't 'forever' and we see you return at a later date, but until then you have left us with an EPG that is just unrivalled in what is already available. Thank you for the hard work.
(2017-01-27, 11:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Everyone.

I probably won't be doing much more to TV Guide Fullscreen for a long time for my sanity.

Kodi was supposed to be my relaxation project. Maybe it will be again in the future.

primaeval

A sad loss, thanks in my opinion to an overreaction from the Kodi Moderator/s.

I don't believe the transgression was intentional and that it could have been handled in a less aggressive way, given the time you devoted to the development of an excellent Kodi addon and your time spent responding to all the postings on your thread.

Best wishes in whatever you decide to do.
Thanks @ primaeval. See you later. I hope.

primaeval

It is a shame. It was rather obvious that this program has no intention to promote banned addons etc. Just a hard working developer creating something that hugely benefits Kodi. Primaeval you have really helped me out on improving my own knowledge and although I still have many tedious questions, I think its only fair for me to take what I have learnt and figure out stuff for myself.

If anyone wants to find illegal streams, all they need to do is search FB or Google. It's not like this thread would become a one stop shop for all those "get you free moviez and sports boxes here" websites.

Ah well, all the best
(2017-01-27, 11:35)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-25, 22:05)coolstud Wrote: [ -> ]This thread was in program addons before it was removed, would be better if it was there as it is a tv guide and not a video addon.

After reviewing with @primaeval as to where he would prefer it, I've moved it back to program add-ons. A shortcut will remain in the video add-ons section for a couple of weeks just to ensure everyone who wants to can find the thread.

Thank you for putting it back to program addons, just feels easier as I browse the program addons more than video addons.

primaeval

It's a shame and loss for us, hope you will be back in the future.

Thank you for the CatBar feature which I requested.