Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need a Gigabit LAN Pci Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've bought recently an Asus RT-N18U router and now I'm thinking to buy a Gigabit PCI Card for my older mobo which has only 10/100 Mbit by default.
I don't need Wifi as I will use it wired for sure. I've almost bought one already but read that many customers claimed that it's a nightmare if you want it to use with Ubuntu.
Can you guys please recommend me one that will work as it supposed to be under Ubuntu ?

Thank you
Cheapest intel card you find and everything will be fine. In fact - most gigabit chips out there work on linux without issues nowadays. Just buy one, test it - if it does not work - return it.
Also, if you have a spare PCI-e slot (even a x1) available, that is a better option than a PCI card (not to mention probably cheaper).
you want a pci-e card. gbit pci cards can't achieve gbit speeds. you'll be limited to ~ 300mbps
Depends on the PCI slot and card capabilities - could have any of 133, 266 or 533 Mbps as the maximum (although very few motherboards had PCI-X which is required for 533).

I should have said that the speed was the primary reason I was saying to get PCI-e.