Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Which Media Manager would work for me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm hoping a media manager exists like this but I'm skeptical.

I have Kodi installed on a nexus player which is connected to Wifi and my media on a 3TB hard drive which is connected to the nexus player.

Is there a media manager which I could install on my mac laptop that could pick up the media from Kodi over wifi or dlna/Upnp and allow me to edit genres etc?

Thanks in advance. I'm pretty sure I'm reaching for the stars here. I could just connect the HDD straight to the laptop if all else fails but thought I would ask.

Cheers
MediaElch can do all of that, and more. I setup custom Genre's (Martial Arts, New TV Shows, Etc), all the time.
I had a quick try with MediaElch but couldn't seem to get it to pick up the media over wifi or Upnp? Any info as to how I do that?
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, but here is how you're actually supposed to use MediaElch.

1. With the software installed, open MediaElch, click on the Sprocket (options) button, and select the location of your Media (and the type it is). This is done via Lan Connected to your PC (or laptop) or via WiFi.

2. Once you have selected your Media, and have it listed as what type (for example I have a Movies folder on my C drive (each Movie in its own folder), so in MediaElch, under the Options, it lists Movies under C:\Movies and the Sept Folder box is checked.

3. Now under the Movie section in MediaElch (top Left button), click that and then click the refresh button. It will load all the Movies from your drive.

4. Next, click on your first listed Movie, and then click the search button at the top left (of the button bar). Find the matching Movie, and click it, it should then load all the details and posters, banner, fanart, etc for the Movie.

5. You will have to do step 4 for each individual Movie you have.

This should work on either a Lan or WiFi connection (not UPnP), as long as those connections have Internet access.
Ok so all my media is on an external hd conected to a nexus player running kodi and the nexus player is connected to my wifi.

I want to use MediaElch and edit metadata on my laptop and sync back to Kodi on the nexus player over wifi without connecting the HD to my laptop via usb.

So is there a way with MediaElch when in settings to select the location to the nexus player via wifi?