Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sat->IP with 2 x tvheadend servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I live in the UK and have two 2 tvh servers, due to not all channels being available on each network (one is dvb-t and one dvb-s2).

I would like to set up kodi to just use one of these servers and set up the dvb-t server to be a sat->ip server to the other tvh server which would be the client.

I have managed to set it up as a server and have discovered the sat->ip server on the client tvh. I have no idea what to do next!

Do I need to add new 'fake' networks on the client tvh and assign them to the sat->ip input adaptor? Then do a scan?

Any help or a a link to a guide would be great, I can't find anything.
You don't need 2 servers. Plug both tuners into the one computer
(2016-07-12, 23:39)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need 2 servers. Plug both tuners into the one computer
If only it were that simple! Sat feed is in the loft and freeview feed is in the lounge. My sat server is also an openelec box, last time I plugged an extra tuner into it didn't like it one bit
@tredman: I believe you are almost there. If you see the DVB-T server under adapters on the second server, you simply create the corresponding network on that second server (there is no "faking" about it) and associate that with the corresponding adapter (the one you have "imported"), scan, wait and see. Just treat that adapter "as if it was local". That should be it...