Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rotating label controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this possible? I'm trying to get this Photo view finished and I want the writing on each photo to appear at an angle.
Use a ControlButton with a blank background texture. At least thats the way for python Tongue
If they're not within a list it's possible, but I suspect they're within a list (i.e. it means work for me :p) Jezz_X and others have been wanting this for a while, so I guess I should get around to it Wink <angle> may work already though, as Nuka1195 suggests?
No luck with <angle>. I'll try Asteron's suggestion.
As I said, if it's within a listcontainer, it's a special-case scenario, and a button isn't going to help there.

An alternative is to have a separate label control outside the container, but that probably won't be pretty.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Separating it from the list container did the trick. Doesn't look at all bad actually.
Actually, it does look pretty rough when the list scrolls. I'll try using this Container.OnNext thing to pull off a fade.
You want the label to animate, or just be at a static angle?
Animate, ideally, before resting at a -10 degree angle. If that's too much hassle, just having it fade in at the same angle would be enough.
Fading and rotating is the same code-wise. It requires a bit of thought though from a coding perspective, so I'll dwell on it for a bit, but you can assume that it will be possible eventually.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks, jm.