Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to scan files in library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know how to scan the library, but how do I force a full scan of the NAS library for file flag data? (Ie 720 h.264 dolby digital)

Also in my library thumbnails were downloaded for all of my movies, but the fan art was not. Granted if I select movie it will download fan art, but how do I force a complete download of all fanart for offline viewing?

Sent from my SM-G935V
I had some similar issues like you describe. I've been replacing much of my video content with x265 formats where feasible and if the filename was the same as the original x264 file Kodi would not know it was changed. Likewise, I've been manually adding music artist thumbnails where the scraper fails to pick one up automatically (since my music files are tagged as 'lastname, firstname' for an artist the scraper doesn't know who 'Bush, Kate' is) and the only way I was able to force a refresh was by deleting the sources entirely (for my Videos paths and my Music path) and doing a full re-scrape. I hoped a library clean would fix it but no such luck. If anyone has a better solution I'm all ears.

For the fanart issue, I use one of the third-party fanart scrapers in the repo and it works great. I haven't looked for a while but I recall there were at least a couple to play with.