Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG Time Shift for Multiple Time Zones & Favourites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning All,
I have run into 2 problems
1. I am using webgrab++ to grab my EPG data from UK ,Malaysia, &US. The grab has the right data for the time shift as it is showing right in my IVUE guide but on the pvr guide it is all out of sync US -5 hours Malaysia +7 hours
I cannot use the time shift as this will change all channels Including the UK ones as that is the only one right at the moment.

2. I had added my channels as favourites in kodi from pvr and copied the xml file to my second device , but when tried to access the second device all the links were different for example
Code:
pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.iptvsimple_1043641694 on my first device
pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.iptvsimple_1640211336  on my second device both the same channel using the same playlist

Both these problems are very strange and am not sure if it is a simple iptv issue or a Kodi issue I cannot see it being a stream issue but I am not sure as anything is possible in Kodi
Thanks
Hi there.

1) I am not sure what Kodi version you are using, but I also use webgrab++ and have a mix of european and US channels with different time-zones.
What you can do is override the time-shift per channel, by editing the .m3u8 playlist file of your channels.

For example (see the "tvg-shift="2" tag):
Code:
#EXTINF:4 tvg-id="ComedyCentralUS" tvg-shift="2" group-title="US",Comedy Central US
This will alter the time for all programes in the EPG by +2 hours. You need to set this up based on your data, my epg-data is by default UTC -1, so I add 2 hours for those channels since I am in CET.

2) This won't work. When you add channels to favs, they are added with the local pvr-channel url from Kodi. This will be different from device to device, since the IDs are different.
(2016-07-19, 13:08)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there.

1) I am not sure what Kodi version you are using, but I also use webgrab++ and have a mix of european and US channels with different time-zones.
What you can do is override the time-shift per channel, by editing the .m3u8 playlist file of your channels.

For example (see the "tvg-shift="2" tag):
Code:
#EXTINF:4 tvg-id="ComedyCentralUS" tvg-shift="2" group-title="US",Comedy Central US
This will alter the time for all programes in the EPG by +2 hours. You need to set this up based on your data, my epg-data is by default UTC -1, so I add 2 hours for those channels since I am in CET.

2) This won't work. When you add channels to favs, they are added with the local pvr-channel url from Kodi. This will be different from device to device, since the IDs are different.

Cheers Maniac, Sorry about the delay in Answering only just got on. will try the time shift tonight.