Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Channel Return possible in IPTV Simple Client?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am hoping someone a lot smarter then me can help me with this please adn thank you.

I am running Kodi Jarvis with my IPTV sub running beautifully in IPTV Simple client, the channel changes are usually about 2-4 seconds long.

I have been scouring the interent trying to find an answer to this without any luck. I would love to be able to switch between the same two channels (channel return??). For example I am watching FOX and when commercials come on switch over to SYFY lets say, then hit one button and switch back to fox, then again one button and switch back to syfy. I am using a Harmony 880 remote with my setup and I just want to be sure its possible before I go and try to configure the dedicated button on my remote.

Oh and as a follow up, how would I confiugre that button? I know how to configure it in the Harmony software, but which option do i choose to make that buttton the channel switch button (i.e. go back?)

Thanks
I think button "0" (zero) is the one you are looking for. This one switches back to the last channel.

FYI, there could be some issues if you changed channel groups in between, it could have a hard time locating the same number in a different group. Wink
Hi Maniac,
Thank you for the help, I am going to try it when I get home tonight. I do not think I will have any issues with the group thing as all my channels are in the same group. I ahve a paid sub with an IPTV provider and I only have the one group (English) active in IPTV simple client.

Thanks Again
Hi maniac,
Your suggestion worked, Thank You so much! I just used my harmony remote software to set the recall button to send the 0 command and bamn she works! Now I can change channels with the channel buttons (2 secish delay) and flip between channels too. Pretty darn close to watching tv via cable I say.

Thanks Again