Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BACK button not working as expected xbox 360 controller (Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, when you press BACK button on xbox 360 controller, it does the same as B button.

So, there is no proper way to go back to homescreen.

If you are not navigating through folders, will go back to homescreen, but as you are navigating into folders, back button will take you to the previous folder making impossible to go clean to homescreen.

Jarvis 16.1 did this correctly.
Any ideas if this will be changed?
Off hand I'm not sure where the new keymap files are stored for gamepads in v17, but I know a lot of things have changed. This is probably in anticipation for when retroplayer (emulator) support is added to Kodi, where "B" might not be available as "back", so the "back" button was probably chosen to always be "back" as an action.

We can probably add a long-press to "back" so that it goes to the homescreen. I just need to find which xml file to edit..
Thanks. That will be nice.

Not sure if guide button can be mapped, but could be a good option for homescreen.

Problem with no proper back button to homescreen, is that when you are exploring subfolders, you will have to press back or b as many times as many folders you have gone through to get back to homescreen. And to make it worst, if you want to go back to that subfolder again, you ll have to go through every subfolder again.
A fix:

Changing this:

<back>Back</back>

For this:

<back>PreviousMenu</back>

Not sure if will break something.

On joystick.xml on system/keymaps.
I keep trying to find where to make this change for default, but I can't find it. Hopefully someone will be able to help us: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=286144