Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: .mkv file not playing on smart TV (Philips 32PFL6008T/60)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there. about 80% of .mkv movies in my librery do not play at all on my TV (32PFL6008T/60), while a mere 20% does.

This is the link to my kodi.log file:
http://pastebin.com/Jg3BCwcR

PLEASE HELP!!!
THX
.mkv files aren't playing ? ... log file contains .mp4 files (dodgy looking ones too .. i might add) Confused

D:\Downloads\Open Season (2006)\Open.Season.2006.720p.BrRip.x264.YIFY.mp4
D:\Downloads\Snowtime! (2015) [YTS.AG]\Snowtime!.2015.720p.BluRay.x264-[YTS.AG].mp4
D:\Downloads\The.Snow.Queen.2.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG\The.Snow.Queen.2.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4
Are you trying to play them to your tv via dlna? Because I think this is the TV's fault. Ask Philips.
I will but same files play smooth through USB TV port and not through LAN. Maybe it is a network problem...Sad
Just plug your xbmc machine into the TV via HDMI.
I would LOVE this but my best achievement and bargain with my wife is the wireless network: NO CABLES in the living room... Sad
So, no bluray player, no set top box, no playstation or xbox? They all require a cable to the TV, a kodi box is no different.
No power lead? Wink
(2016-08-03, 20:21)pallus Wrote: [ -> ]I would LOVE this but my best achievement and bargain with my wife is the wireless network: NO CABLES in the living room... Sad

Velcro a Raspberry Pi to the back of the TV and tell her it is working wirelessly! Big Grin
LOL she is not a noob unfortunately!!!
(2016-07-28, 21:14)pallus Wrote: [ -> ]I will but same files play smooth through USB TV port and not through LAN. Maybe it is a network problem...:(

Many TVs will actually refuse an MKV file only over LAN but not over USB.

If your wife won't budge then your only hope is to sell the TV and buy a Philips (or other brand) "Android TV". It's a TV that is itself powered by Android, and can run Kodi directly :)
Yeah and I have seen other threads about the inadequacy of android for running kodi on both sony and philips android tvs.
Sure, but one does not make the wife mad when.. Wait, what if he upgraded the wife? That might work...
Wife 2.0 has been entirely satisfactory to date, likewise I am pretty sure she prefers Husband 4.0.

Mind you both 1.0 and 2.0 share a dislike for visible wires, but a kodi box sitting under or behind the TV has not been a problem to date.
But what ever you do, stay away from Wife 2.1b10. It's buggy and will spend all your resources on shoes.
Pages: 1 2