Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Manager wit auto update and remote shares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am looking for media manager to run on my new server 24/7. Me and some friends have shared there tv libary, so that we can stream from each other. Its works perfect. We just added each other "remote sources" by FTP type. Now i want to automatic update my database, and let my client "Kodi" read it. Maybe your are wondering, why i need a auto-update when Kodi already has this feature. Its because our combined tv-show libraries are to big and take a lot of time to update. Thats why i wanted to do on my sever 1-2 a day.
The software must meet the following requirements
- Windows based (could be linux butt i have to run Virtualbox)
- automatically scan and update the video database.
- add FTP shares

I was looking at Flex media server, butt i couldn't add external ftp shares. Maybe someone has a good solution.

Thank you in advance
You don't need a media manager, just run a script that updates kodi via json-rpc on a regular basis. On linux I would use cron, I assume windows will schedule twice daily runs?
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my server will be a Windows system. Do you have any links to more information on how I can accomplish it by using json-rpc.
I forgot to mention, that nu client isnnt always powered on
Thanks again.