Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Making XBMC default dashboard using SID5 (softmod) - NOTHING WORKS? HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been at this for hours, nothing seems to work.

I soft modded an xbox using the SID5.01 splinter cell method. Got the xbox to boot to Evox, not a problem. I've been trying to make XBMC the dashboard and it keeps hanging on a black screen.

There is NO E:\dashboard folder anywhere to be found, according to some of the threads I've read... I DONT HAVE THIS FOLDER.

I've tried download several shortcut's xbe files and making a cfg file with 1 line of text "e:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe" (no quotes)

When I replace the evoxdash.xbe with the shortcut on c:, the softmodded xbox just hangs on a black screen.

I tried getting the shortcut maker, and made the location the same (e:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe) and I get the same result.

I've tried the shortcut with cfg file on my mod chipped xbox, and it works just fine. BUT NOT ON THE SOFTMOD.

What am I doing wrong? No
you have to rename ur xbmc shortcut to evoxdash.xbe and include the .cfg [which has the same name] in the same directory!!!

it might be in c\ or e\