Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering Buffering Buffering...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I just purchased a Nvidia Shield 16 GB device and have it direct connected to my router/modem. Pulling speeds at roughly 180/12. This is connected through HDMI to my tv. However, when I play videos through Kodi I'm getting constant buffering issues every 2 minutes. I even installed an external hard drive (Seagate Backup Plus 3 TB) hoping that would help with the cache issues of it filling up. Unfortunately, this hasn't helped and I'm getting constant buffering issues. I've tried the tutorial videos I've found and nothing has worked yet. Please... Help!
If I ask for a debug log (wiki) am I just going to see the same list of crappy banned add-ons (wiki) as before?

Just because you don't mention them doesn't mean the forum rules (wiki) aren't violated by them and you'd get support...
I truly don't know what a debug log is... I'm just trying to figure out why videos and live streams constantly buffer... Please help!
(2016-07-31, 21:57)rblyweiss Wrote: [ -> ]I truly don't know what a debug log is... I'm just trying to figure out why videos and live streams constantly buffer... Please help!

Follow the link in the post by @DarrenHill, it's all explained there.
So, if you're telling me I'm using banned add ons, what add ons can I use to check to see why my videos are constantly buffering? Like I said, I'm new to all of this so I'm just learning and could use some help... Buffering is buffering though and shouldn't matter which apps considering it's happening on Kodi.
If it's banned addons then the problem is with them and not Kodi.
Then which add ons can I use to test if that's the case?
I'm asking which add-ons you are using that are buffering. But given your very first post (the one that got binned) if it's those then you're wasting everyone's time as we do not support any installation that is contaminated with such 3rd party junk which uses crappy servers supplying illegal pirated material.

Read the forum rules (wiki), this blog and this blog.

If you are using stolen media then we don't want to know and you're on your own. You can test with any add-on from the official repo (eg YouTube) but we don't help people who insist on using pirated media.
(2016-07-31, 22:07)rblyweiss Wrote: [ -> ]So, if you're telling me I'm using banned add ons, what add ons can I use to check to see why my videos are constantly buffering? Like I said, I'm new to all of this so I'm just learning and could use some help... Buffering is buffering though and shouldn't matter which apps considering it's happening on Kodi.

Install the UK MUSIC JUKEBOX addon, a music addon from the Kodi Repository which is installed as part of the standard supported Kodi install and try streaming a music video once you have installed it.

ps Your statement is incorrect, most if not all buffering problems are not caused by Kodi!!