Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I have an Android MXQ which is perfect for my needs, can I clone it and install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have an android MXQ box with a setup that is perfect for my needs,,
Can I clone it and install the clone onto another MXQ box ?, if so,, how ?

Thanks,
Yes.

On the target box delete any version of Kodi already installed and install the same version of Kodi (preferably from the play store then you get updates automatically) as on the donor box you want to copy from.
On the target box start Kodi then quit Kodi.
Using a file explorer such as ES File Explorer (free off play store) change file explorer settings to show HIDDEN files.
Delete the .kodi file on your TARGET box.
Copy the .kodi file from the box you want to copy from to replace the .kodi your deleted on your target box.
Start Kodi on your target box and you should have a complete clone.

IF YOU ARE NOT USING A STANDARD VERSION OF KODI ON YOUR DONOR MXQ YOU MAY WANT TO OMIT THE DELETION AND RE-INSTALL OF KODI ON THE TARGET BOX, first two steps above.
I added this statement in case you are still using the version of Kodi that came installed on the MXQ on your donor box, as some boxes come with a non-standard version of Kodi.
The first thing I do when I get one of these boxes is to delete the Kodi it came with and install Kodi from the playstore.