Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: advanedsettings.xml PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am little stuck at pvr setup

on this page i find PVR settings for advancedsettings.xml file

http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#pvr

however i see no option to have pvr enabled by default.
right now i have to go to system -> tv -> and then enable
how can i enable it in advancedsettings.xml file ?

Also if the above is possible, is it also possible to enable pvr simple client in advancedsettings.xml file ?
any help is appreciated.
You only need to do this once. What is the problem?
I dont have any problem as fare as i am aware ? Smile

So you decide that i only will have to do this once ? nickr, since u started using kodi, you only installed it once ?

We can use this thread to discuss why this and that. or we can use this thread what it is intended for.
so on that basis i therefore refuse to answer your question. sorry

hope u can come with some constructive feedback. as i am eager to find a solution to this.
Any setting in guisettings.xml can be overridden in advancedsettings.xml.

Also be aware that the global pvr enable setting is removed in krypton.

I suspect you are making a "build" or "wizard" - in which case you get very little chance of support here.
Enabling PVR is a setting stored in guisettings.xml. Most guisettings can be copied to advancedsettings.xml as a sort of "forced override", even if they're not really as.xml tags. You simply need to look inside the guisettings.xml file and find the tag (and any necessary parent tags). IIRC, this will also hide the setting from Kodi's GUI, since it can no longer be freely toggled.

As for enabling PVR add-ons by default, I don't know how one would go about doing that. At the very least, as.xml won't control that. You would need to set it in addons.db, I think.
(2016-08-01, 08:28)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Also be aware that the global pvr enable setting is removed in krypton.

Nice, I had not noticed that yet. I assume PVR is now triggered by having PVR add-ons installed/enabled or not?
how stupid can i be,

ofcourse its in guisettings just need to copy it over to advancedsettings.xml

Thanks for your help

No, i dont participate in such activity, please see my reputation points, i actively work on anti piracy of kodi boxes.

In my spare time i try to tweak and make kodi better using advancedsettings.xml
(2016-08-01, 08:37)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-01, 08:28)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Also be aware that the global pvr enable setting is removed in krypton.

Nice, I had not noticed that yet. I assume PVR is now triggered by having PVR add-ons installed/enabled or not?

that is exactly what i was trying, TV enable option is not a necessary option (atleast for my personal use)
(2016-08-01, 08:41)nero12 Wrote: [ -> ]how stupid can i be,

ofcourse its in guisettings just need to copy it over to advancedsettings.xml

Thanks for your help

No, i dont participate in such activity, please see my reputation points, i actively work on anti piracy of kodi boxes.

In my spare time i try to tweak and make kodi better using advancedsettings.xml
Thank you for clarifying, we need more users like you.