Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: screen became blink when change the window size with mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i use kodi in window mode in linux, Dragging the mouse in the lower right corner of the window to change window's size.and screen become blinking. in windows os, there is no this issue.
so how to deal with this problem,thanks
moving to correct forum section.

Provide a Debug Log
(2016-08-02, 11:08)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]moving to correct forum section.

Provide a Debug Log

there is no log print when i changing the window size with mouse
Then nobody can help you. Sounds like a fucked up compositor. Post a Debug Log never the less.
(2016-08-03, 20:09)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Then nobody can help you. Sounds like a fucked up compositor. Post a Debug Log never the less.

ok, i start kodi, change window size with mouse, then close kodi. that is all i do, here is the log:

Log removed - DarrenHill
Not a Debug Log sorry. Use a pastebin.
(2016-08-04, 06:31)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Not a Debug Log sorry. Use a pastebin.

sorry, i haven't use pastebin before, what do you want me to provede? the code or image.

if you want code all the origin kodi codes with 14.x 15.x 16.x has this issue in linux, if you want image i can make a gif file to show this issue. thanks
Turn on debugging (settings > system > debugging > enable debug logging), then reboot, gather the log and paste it to pastebin.com. They will provide you with a URL, which you should paste here. See the advanced part of the debug log (wiki) wiki page for more details.

Please edit and remove your log above, as it clutters up the system, makes the database larger than it needs to be and can help slow/screw up searching.
(2016-08-04, 09:42)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Turn on debugging (settings > system > debugging > enable debug logging), then reboot, gather the log and paste it to pastebin.com. They will provide you with a URL, which you should paste here. See the advanced part of the debug log (wiki) wiki page for more details.

Please edit and remove your log above, as it clutters up the system, makes the database larger than it needs to be and can help slow/screw up searching.

ok the url is: http://pastebin.ca/3673396
but i don't know what's he purpose of doing this for. the pastebin's content is the same as #5 above.
If you've enabled debug logging, then much more information is gathered which may help to identify the issue (I can't confirm as I can't access Pastebin from here at work).

Plus it helps with the maintenance of the forum database and is easier for people to analyse and manipulate than trying to deal with text in a forum post environment.
(2016-08-04, 10:34)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]If you've enabled debug logging, then much more information is gathered which may help to identify the issue (I can't confirm as I can't access Pastebin from here at work).

Plus it helps with the maintenance of the forum database and is easier for people to analyse and manipulate than trying to deal with text in a forum post environment.

ok we need a unified rules, thank you
Like forum rules (wiki) 2.3.6 ? Wink

It just makes life easier for everyone and saves us a bit of housekeeping.