Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Awkward TV Show navigation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The TV Show navigation behaviour changed somewhere along the line of skin updates. In it's current state, however, the navigation is a bit awkward.
The issues occur when you navigate by using one of the tiles under "In progress TV shows".

1. When I click one of the tiles, I get presented with the series details, where I can press the "Play" button. Pressing the "Play" button brings me to the episode list, where I have to repeat the process again (select episode, press "OK", press "Play"). I would have expected either a episode list strait away after pressing the tile or the last episode to start playing right away after pressing "Play" in the series details. Now you get presented with info you don't really need any longer since you already started watching the series.
  2. The way back from the episode list by using the "Back" remote button, however, is more confusing. This will subsequently result in: 1. The episode list again; 2. The series list; 3. Some kind of "TV Shows" screen where you can select "Genre", "Title", "Year", etc.; 4. A "Videos" screen with "Movies", "TV Shows", "Files", etc.;5. Finally the main screen again. I would have expected to go from the episode list to the main screen directly, or the series list in between at the most.

All works as expected when navigating through the main menu "TV Shows" item directly.

I have "Default select action" under "Settings/Media/Videos" set to "Show information", in case it is the cause of the extra series details screen in between.

Let me know if you need any more information.
Am I the only one experiencing this behaviour or the only one being bothered by it?
I don't use Estuary / Krypton yet, but it seems this is not expected behaviour. Have you also mentioned this in the bugs forum?
This is a bug in core and not skin-specific.
I would also love clicking the tile to play/continue the next/current episode under tv shows.