Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I guess, i am to stupid :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi KODI Team & Fans.

First congrats to the new version 17 alpha.

Nice design, and it is a bit better to handle on smartphones with big fingers. Wink

But why it shows under Music still not my music-video files, to listen them without video, and have this files in shuffle mod of my other music...? Sad(

// That nearby all buttons make only klick, and change color, doing NO functions, i think you know..?? ASUS Zenfone ZOOM 4GB, Android Lollyflop.
If I am deciphering you correctly you are expecting your music videos to appear under "Music" to be played as audio files without the video?

I don't think Kodi can currently do this.
I think so too!
but i hope a developer say "hey its a easy to do and a nice function". Wink
// a lot of cheap simple shit player can do it...
(2016-08-04, 18:41)Buschmann Wrote: [ -> ]// a lot of cheap simple shit player can do it...

They don't have a music library at all, just a list of files. Kodi file view can do the same. I suggest you use the "cheap simple shit player" if it gives you what you want.

I'm the only dev working on music library functionality at the moment, and strangly I don't find the tone of your post motivating. Maybe someone else would like to do the work, but I am not going to.
sorry that i give a short post, next time i post longer and put in some extra motivation txt parts.
I should add that I do not have any music videos, so any music video work is at the bottom of a very long list of work that grows every day. That is regardless of how the question is asked.

But it was unfortunate that the way you posted infered that in your view Kodi is worse than shit. Remember the Kodi is developed and supported by volunteers, that do so in their spare time for fun. It is not nice to imply that the end result is shit.
Huh
i think you miss understand my usage...
i suggest that this function to add for my favorite kodi team can`t be a lot of work, no big deal, if shit player coder can do it..
and not that anything on kodi is shitty... or that the team can`t code...

so i have kodi on all my systems, phones, and hdmi stick`s ...

... if you ever stay near my secondary living room, come over, the first blueberrybeer goes on me... ;Wink

www.tiny.cc/c-baseberlin.
I think there's a whole new debate to be had on 'mixed media' views. But it's not appropriate here. It would be a much wider issue with Kodi.

As for playing video files without the video (only audio) - actually most media systems won't do this. Try playing a music video on your iPod - you'll get video playback. Do the same on your phone, and you'll get video. Virtually all media devices treat a video as video!
Simple procedure to take the audio out of the video and put it in your music directory. Unnecessary duplication perhaps, but that's what is needed at this point.
here... so it looks on M player, it plays video as audio, but all other on this player i don`t like...
And video as audio, is wrong for me, to play audio and videoaudio in shuffle mod from upper directory ..
But life is long..... and sure i can live without this function...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5s0ku01e7w5q6...5.png?dl=0