Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Manage option not showing in menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I have watched a TV episode I use the right click menu to bring up a list of options that includes "manage". I then delete the episode from the library and also delete from the drive altogether. However, sometimes when I right click the episode title the "manage" option doesn't show up. Closing the menu and right clicking again sometimes reveals the manage option but more often that not the item just disappears from the library after 3 or 4 tries (it's still on the hard drive).

Does anyone know why the "manage" option doesn't always appear? I've tried clicking on different areas of the episode title but doesn't seem to make any difference - it just seems quite random.

I'm using Estuary skin and the latest Krypton build, but this happened in Jarvis using Rapier as well.
Does it happen in the official skins?
Kodi is probably scraping your movie or tv show library when it happens?
nickr - the same thing seems to happen whatever skin I am using (I thought Estuary was the new official skin?)

Gade - I've no idea if it is scraping - nothing shows that it is. How often would it do that?
(2016-08-09, 10:04)alad26 Wrote: [ -> ]nickr - the same thing seems to happen whatever skin I am using (I thought Estuary was the new official skin?)

Gade - I've no idea if it is scraping - nothing shows that it is. How often would it do that?

Yes, Estuary is the default skin for Krypton.

If it's scraping movies/tv shows, you'll see an indication somewhere depending on the skin - in Rapier it's placed top center.

Scraping depends of your settings. If you have set it to scrape your video library when Kodi starts, that's what will happen. Or you can start it manually, but I doubt that's what's happening here?
I get this all the time, because Kodi is indeed scraping. Just mouse over on the left edge until the menu appears, then hit "stop scanning", then swiftly right-clicking your file and you'll get your "manage" option.

Sometime there's a dialog box advising that Kodi is scraping, but sometime not, it just does it in the background