Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton does not display png graphics [solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since Krypton is close to Beta stage, I decided today to build Krypton for my openSUSE 13.1 notebook

Krypton is coming up, and all I have been tested seems to work, BUT all .png' graphics of the skin are not shown

see this screenshot

I already build and installed latest libpng16 coming with kodi sources, but did not make any difference and updated all that x11 stuff (vaapi lib was too old), but again, did not make any difference Confused

Amazingly, PVR channel icons (png's also) are displayed correctly.

Does anybody have ideas how to fiix this issue?

Thanks in advance

Edit

This is ldd of kodi.bin: http://paste.ubuntu.com/22356394/
and this is kodi.log http://paste.ubuntu.com/22357170/
make sure the ffmpeg you build has png support. We use ffmpeg for pngs and for jpegs and for everything else.

Edit: It seems like some stall files in your build directory. Can you do a git clean -xfd and retry from scratch?
(2016-08-05, 22:49)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]make sure the ffmpeg you build has png support. We use ffmpeg for pngs and for jpegs and for everything else.

Sure, ffmpeg is built with it : ffmpg_config += --enable-encoder=png --enable-encoder=mjpeg

Quote:Edit: It seems like some stall files in your build directory. Can you do a git clean -xfd and retry from scratch?

Already did this (many times) Confused

But I'll try it again, no problem
The path you are building to looks quite strange, other than that - I don't see anything.
(2016-08-05, 23:05)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]The path you are building to looks quite strange, other than that - I don't see anything.

You mean /usr/local/xbmc/17.0 ?

Under /usr/local/xbmc/ there are a lot of older kodi/xbmc versions Smile
I forgot to notice:

unchecked radio buttons are displayed correctly, if they are checked I only get a white square
Built from scratch again - absolutely no difference Sad
Not starting it from KDE and its compositor does not make a difference right? And not specifying such a "bogus" prefix does also not help? e.g. /usr/local in favor of your 17.0 thingy?
tested under IceWM -> no difference
/usr/local -> not tested
Hmmm, can not start Krypton directly from login manager (kdm) . Jarvis works Huh

Have to continue tomorrow. Now I'm too tired and too frustrated Sad
The only difference between your and my setup is opensuse :-) -> perhaps changing that will improve the frustration?
(2016-08-05, 23:57)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]The only difference between your and my setup is opensuse :-) -> perhaps changing that will improve the frustration?

I'm sure this is big difference Tongue

Absolutely right. On that system runs complete XBian development environment

Now I'm thinking about how to debug this. crashlog is there but no content (ok, no debug info available), but kodi.log is empty
Looks like an error with texturePacker. Did you try to clean your build tree (git clean -xfd)?
@FernetMenta: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2388328 <- he clean it "multiple times" he said.
Then make sure that there is no old version of texturePacker on the system.
Pages: 1 2