Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: lost shared drives after MySQL config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I am running a Windows PC as a "NAS" (I have several drives on it and they are shared to the rest of the network).
This PC is also connected to a TV and is running Kodi.

I now configured Kodi with a MySQL database on it and it works fine, locally (on its own Kodi instance).
But I am not able to access the shared drives/folders anymore on others devices.

I configured the MySQL server following Kodi wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_MySQL) and the port 3306 is allowed on the firewall.

Do anyone now what can be wrong?
Debug Log (wiki)
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark...
When you scanned on the windows (server) pc you used local paths.
So when you try to use that mysql database on another machine kodi is looking for a local file with a windows-stylee address.
If that's the case you have 2 alternatives...
1. Re-scan using network paths on the server.
2. Use path substitutions in an advancedsettings.xml file on your other devices.
Hello and thanks for the advices.

I didn't bother with the debug log because the problem was not only inside Kodi, but even in Windows.
Possible to see the server, but not possible to access it (it was fine before MYSQL).

And I did configure kodi with Kodi format name paths: smb//IP/folder

Anyway... I don't know what was the problem, or what fixed it... but everything is fine now Big Grin