Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update music library only works partially?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have been using KODI for about a year, and have not updated my music library since I first started using it. However, today I ripped two 'new' CDs, and copied the folders into the music path folder set up in KODI. However, after performing several update library attempts only one of the two CDs show up. Is there some other 'secret' step I might have forgotten over the last year? Everything worked fine on the first set-up a year ago (apart from some obscure Scandinavian albums/artists), so I never delved into the technical details on how to accomplish this.

Christopher
OK, so I solved the issue of the missing CD, it is now available and playable, but without the cover art. Is there a way to add my own cover art? I have tried placing a jpg in the album folder (calling it both folder.jpg and cover.jpg), but it doesn't seem to be picked up. I have also tried selecting the Album Information option, but nothing happens. I have tried changing scrapers too. The album I am stuggling with is Motörhead: Clean Your Clock

Huh
Kodi version? Pre v16 there were issues with Album Information and scraping, v16 has some different issues.

Local album art,when not embedded into the music files, needs to be called folder.jpg, and in the album folder as you have done. You should be also be to get that manually from "refresh" button on the Album Info dialog.

Aside from that I am thinking you expected the scarper to find an image on line for that album. Unfortuantely there are problems with the Musicbrainz server being overwhelmed so Kodi is getting more timeout failures for fetching artwork (art comes form elsewhere, but mb is used to identify the album). You may just need to retry "Query Info for all" from the albums node. And because of a bug will need to do "update library" before every attempt.
(2016-08-07, 11:18)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi version? Pre v16 there were issues with Album Information and scraping, v16 has some different issues.

(2016-08-07, 11:18)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]You should be also be to get that manually from "refresh" button on the Album Info dialog.

That's one problem, nothing happens when I select Album Info.....

(2016-08-07, 11:18)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from that I am thinking you expected the scarper to find an image on line for that album. Unfortuantely there are problems with the Musicbrainz server being overwhelmed so Kodi is getting more timeout failures for fetching artwork (art comes form elsewhere, but mb is used to identify the album). You may just need to retry "Query Info for all" from the albums node. And because of a bug will need to do "update library" before every attempt.
Thanks, this was very useful :-) I now have the image, although whether it is from a scraper or from my local folder I don't know.
Ok, so you have the album art now.

The album info issue is a mix of Kodi version and probably no scraper results (I would guess the art you see is the local one).
Have you thought of updating Kodi version?
Yes I have thought of updating, but have never done it before, and I am very concerned that all the hours I have spend fiddling with the set up to get it to work like I want (remote control options, changes to how DVDs are imported into the library, artwork, skins etc) will be lost. Since KODI works fine for me as it is it is a little 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'....

What would be the advantages of updating?
If it does everything you want then no worries, I also believe "if it ain't broke don't fix it" Smile

I'm pursuing some music library improvements, so am motivated to push forwards. I wouldn't know where to start listing the changes across the whole thing since Helix.