Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Error starting Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Kodi about a year now on a Raspberry PI at first then on my PC. I gave my brother a Kodi PI for Xmas.
I have I-7 16gig ram W-10 machine. Just did from scratch fresh W-10 install a few months ago. Had Kodi running before and after install.
Kodi now will not start. I uninstalled Kodi then reinstalled it. I also tried the beta version, same trouble.

I finally got an error message while starting it. Said it was stuck in a loop?
I never had much success with restore points. The last thing I installed were apps to install Kodi on chip for Raspberry PI
Any one have help I am a Donor to Kodi.
Post a debug log (wiki)
Where do I get the report? Kodi will not even start. I'm lucky to get a frozen kodi splash screen with no icons to navigate.
Look in the %APPDATA%/Kodi folder on your machine for a kodi.log file.

If that exists then copy/paste it to pastebin.com and supply here the URL that they will give you.
06:00:42 T:1572 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
06:00:42 T:1572 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
06:00:42 T:1572 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
06:00:42 T:1572 NOTICE: ActiveAE DSP - starting
06:00:42 T:1572 NOTICE: initialize done
06:00:42 T:1572 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: PLAYSTATION®3 Controller
06:00:42 T:1572 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 5 Total Hats: 0 Total Buttons: 19

Thankyou DarrenHill. Please mark my post Solved!!! thanks to you. I can blame my deli ma on Sony PlayStation 3 being too stupid to leave USB ports on for charging your controllers when the system is off. Both controllers were dead so I started charging them on my PC USB ports. I simply unplugged the controller and KODI is fine again!!!!! Thanks to Darren I was able to find the log file and see the joystick interference
Thanks for the help simple thing driving me more nuts.
Thread marked solved.