Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there something good for kids?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a video addon that has great shows/movies for kids? I don't mean 10sec clips. I mean full on shows.
Most commercial services are not available on Kodi.

The way to have available content would be a Netflix, Hulu and / or Amazon Prime Video subscription and the "best of both worlds" experience would be to run Kodi on an Nvidia Shield or Amazon Fire TV. This will give you Kodi for your local media and great app for the commercial services.
(2016-08-07, 16:20)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]Most commercial services are not available on Kodi.

The way to have available content would be a Netflix, Hulu and / or Amazon Prime Video subscription and the "best of both worlds" experience would be to run Kodi on an Nvidia Shield or Amazon Fire TV. This will give you Kodi for your local media and great app for the commercial services.

Yea we have all those services. Just wish Kodi could use them internally. The last time I asked about it on the forum, people started being dicks about it so I gave up on that. Seems to be a sore topic for people here.
Thread moved to video add-ons.

In some cases it will also depend on where you are, as a lot of available stuff is geo-locked to particular countries.

Kodi not being able to use a lot of the paid-for services is entirely down to them and their drm/encryption, which they are not going to make fully compatible with Kodi due to its open-source code nature and requirements. There are some advancements in Krypton which should make things easier, but it's very doubtful they'll ever be "official" in the true sense of the word.

It would also depend on how old your kids are and what they're into. For example mine are quite happy with the iPlayer add-on and making use of the BBC's CBBC/CBeebies archive and live streams to keep them amused.
You can integrate them into kodi with a playon.tv server running. It requires a license fee for the server.

Sent from my XT1254
PBS Think TV (from t1m) is great free addon with childrens content
http://addons.kodi.tv/author/t1m/

also, he had some Ontario educationalal addon which may be of help