Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16.1 Jarvis Not So Stable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it just me or does anyone else seem to have a LOT of issues with Kodi 16.1? I have used XBMC since the say it was released back in the days of the original xbox. Since then it has evolved to something much more and is a great work of art! In saying that I have to stop and pause at the fact that ever since I have upgraded to Kodi 16.1 from 15, I have seen kodi crash on ALL the 5 PCTVs I have in the house at least 4 times a day. Loop errors, APPCRASHes, application errors, exception codes, etc all over the place. Usually I will have my PC always on and always exit out of Kodi (if I don't Kodi will hang up by the next day when I want to use it and all versions have always done that) unless I'm actually using it. So today the latest error was when I just sat down and opened Kodi. Before it even had a chance to finish reading the library BOOM! Kodi crashed. Exception code 0xc0000374, Problem signatures: P1: Kodi.exe, P2: 16.1.0.0, P3: 571C922E, P4: ffffbaad. I never can find anything that is really causing the issues. I suspected a plugin so at this point I was thinking about disabling all the add-ons... When I went into my add-ons there was 87 of them. Some seem to be needed to run Kodi and I was not sure how to proceed at this point. Any suggestions?

My current specs for ALL PCTVs in my house...
  • PC: Dell Optiplex 960
  • Processor: Intel Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00Ghz (Speed: 2000 Mhz)
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Graphics Adaptor: Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corp - WDDM 1.1)
  • Direct3D: DirectX 11.1 (FL 9.1)
  • Windows 10 (kernel: Windows NT 10.0)
  • Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) Git:20160424-c327c53 built for Windows
  • Skin: Aeon Nox 5: Redux
  • Resolution: ~1920x1080 (Always Full Screen)
  • Accessing entire library over Windows SMB shares (like always)
Suggestion 1.
Make sure you have no banned add-ons installed, enable debug logging, wait for a crash and post a link to the log here.
If you don't want to see the debug text on the screen you can enable logging via advancedsettings.xml - see the wiki.

Suggestion 2.
Do a portable install (again, see the wiki). Don't add add-ons, see if it's stable. If not, log as above. If it is add your add-ons until it isn't.
Portable means your original kodi isn't touched, so you can do that and mess without disturbing your real install.
Great! Thanks trogggy. I'll get on it as soon as I can and report back.
(2016-08-08, 14:21)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion 1.
Make sure you have no banned add-ons installed, enable debug logging, wait for a crash and post a link to the log here.
If you don't want to see the debug text on the screen you can enable logging via advancedsettings.xml - see the wiki.

Suggestion 2.
Do a portable install (again, see the wiki). Don't add add-ons, see if it's stable. If not, log as above. If it is add your add-ons until it isn't.
Portable means your original kodi isn't touched, so you can do that and mess without disturbing your real install.

OK so, I'm trying suggestion 1 first...
  1. I went through all add-ons and none were banned.
  2. I enabled debugging and it crashed fairly quick. But it was not an app crash, kodi just closed. I can paste the kodi.log.
  3. What's the preferred site to paste kodi logs at?
Paste the log to pastebin.com and then post the link they will provide here.
I don't think it really matter - pastebin.com, xbmclogs.com, any paste site.

Then you just have to hope that a) it's obvious or b) someone turns up who knows what they're doing. Wink