Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WebGrab+Plus Configurator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(2017-01-09, 19:14)martinconroy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update. Get an error when importing if there is no existing channel selected, but other than that perfect!!!!

The final thing that would make this perfect in my opinion is if you could set this up to automatically grab files on a schedule. Is that at all possible?

Again, amazing - thank you!

Try 0.0.35.

Do you mean the import or the webgrab run on a schedule?
I can't do the Webgrab.exe run as it isn't supported on lots of platforms, especially Android.
Thanks - again, amazing work!

I was meaning something that would enable WebGrab to run overnight, so shame that can't easily be supported.

I found an add-on that runs scripts on an interval. This can run functions exposed from other add-ons (e.g. RunScript(script.cdartmanager,update) ).

Is the script that runs WebGrab in your add-on exposed like this? i.e. could I call it using this scheduler?

Thanks again!!
(2017-01-10, 11:08)martinconroy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks - again, amazing work!

I was meaning something that would enable WebGrab to run overnight, so shame that can't easily be supported.

I found an add-on that runs scripts on an interval. This can run functions exposed from other add-ons (e.g. RunScript(script.cdartmanager,update) ).

Is the script that runs WebGrab in your add-on exposed like this? i.e. could I call it using this scheduler?

Thanks again!!

What device are you running the webgrab exe on?
Using the device's system scheduler is the safest way to run it.

In the addon the code that runs webgrab in in run.py.
When you press the run button it does this:
Code:
@plugin.route('/run_webgrab')
def run_webgrab():
    xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.webgrab/run.py)')
Thanks. Was browsing the script and just looking at it Smile

Running on a Windows PC, as does my Media Server. That's running Kodi all the time so the add-on would be ideal. However can probably use the scheduler if needed.

Have just tried setting the Kodi add-on to run your script at 9:20 so will see what happens Smile
(2017-01-10, 11:19)martinconroy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Was browsing the script and just looking at it Smile

Running on a Windows PC, as does my Media Server. That's running Kodi all the time so the add-on would be ideal. However can probably use the scheduler if needed.

Have just tried setting the Kodi add-on to run your script at 9:20 so will see what happens Smile

I run mine on a Windows Server.
Follow these instructions for Windows and it should be easy.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2447504
Ha, thanks - probably the only page in this thread I didn't read!

Have got the scheduler working as well, as I want to advise people on other devices how they can do this.
primaeval, awesome script! Thank you, it's been brilliant. Had some problems with USA tv.com grabber but downloaded zap2it and copied to the script.ini folder and all is well. Just have to write a bat script to run it once a day and finish adding my 300+ IPTV channels to it now hahah..
(2017-01-22, 06:35)twghughes Wrote: [ -> ]primaeval, awesome script! Thank you, it's been brilliant. Had some problems with USA tv.com grabber but downloaded zap2it and copied to the script.ini folder and all is well. Just have to write a bat script to run it once a day and finish adding my 300+ IPTV channels to it now hahah..

Thanks. Did you use the tv.com wizard in Experimental Site Wizards or just the version in the Countries section?
(2017-01-22, 09:33)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-22, 06:35)twghughes Wrote: [ -> ]primaeval, awesome script! Thank you, it's been brilliant. Had some problems with USA tv.com grabber but downloaded zap2it and copied to the script.ini folder and all is well. Just have to write a bat script to run it once a day and finish adding my 300+ IPTV channels to it now hahah..

Thanks. Did you use the tv.com wizard in Experimental Site Wizards or just the version in the Countries section?

I used the wizard and it worked fine in terms of creating a cookie (or whatever else it is that is actually required to get the grabber working), but had some issues pulling listings for a few channels - I'm forgetting which ones now. I don't think it was an issue with your script, though. Has been working really well for me.

One thing I want to know - earlier, I tried to copy my config file from ProgramData/WebGrab to the addon_data folder, because I thought the 'Channels' section of the add-on might read from the config and hence be updated - but it didn't seem to work that way. So - where is that list of channels actually stored?

The reason I ask is because I'm renaming channels in my XML to match my m3u file, rather than the other way around. Cheers Smile
(2017-01-23, 07:45)twghughes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-22, 09:33)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

I used the wizard and it worked fine in terms of creating a cookie (or whatever else it is that is actually required to get the grabber working), but had some issues pulling listings for a few channels - I'm forgetting which ones now. I don't think it was an issue with your script, though. Has been working really well for me.

One thing I want to know - earlier, I tried to copy my config file from ProgramData/WebGrab to the addon_data folder, because I thought the 'Channels' section of the add-on might read from the config and hence be updated - but it didn't seem to work that way. So - where is that list of channels actually stored?

The reason I ask is because I'm renaming channels in my XML to match my m3u file, rather than the other way around. Cheers Smile

The Selected Channels are stored in a pickle file that is used by the xbmcswift2 framework in:
userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\.storage\channels
It shouldn't be edited by hand.

You can import WebGrab++.config.xml config files back into the addon but I'm not sure if that would help in your case.
(2017-01-23, 08:33)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The Selected Channels are stored in a pickle file that is used by the xbmcswift2 framework in:
userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\.storage\channels
It shouldn't be edited by hand.

You can import WebGrab++.config.xml config files back into the addon but I'm not sure if that would help in your case.

No problems. It's not really a show-stopper, it's easy enough to edit the XML file after the channels are selected. Just means I can't make a habit of exporting the config file from the add-on as frequently as I otherwise might. I'm a fringe case so wouldn't expect perfect support, it still helps a lot so I'm a happy user!
First off, MANY thanks for this! I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this.

I need some clarification, sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm still learning. I need a step by step lol

(2016-12-27, 14:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about adding it but I didn't because the system schedulers should be more reliable and work when Kodi is off.

The other reason is that I use it to configure Webgrab from the devices I watch TV on but I output the config files to a Windows server that runs the update in the middle of the night. I can use that xmltv file for all the devices in the house.

Also, some devices can't run Webgrab because they don't have the mono program like those running on Android and OpenELEC.

I have a Win7 PC but I want to use webgrab for TVGuide fullscreen on Nvidia Shield. So, is this what I would want to do?

Install/setup/configure WebGrab on my Windows PC.
Have WebGrab save files on local network server
Use Windows to schedule an update every night/morning.
Download/Install webgrab + configurator on Kodi
Point configurator to files on network server

That should keep my epg fully updated on my Shield correct? Thanks again.

Edit: or could I skip the configurator all together and just have TVGuide fullscreen point to the files on the server? Sorry, I'm trying to keep up here.
If it helps Zeroxstaticlife, these are the steps I'm taking...

1) I have built the WebGrab++.config file manually and tested in stand-alone WebGrab
2) Then, once happy using the import facility which primaeval kindly added
3) Because I run Kodi permanently on a central server to manage my shared database I am using this scheduling add-on to call the WebGrab addon at an interval:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=144378
4) Config as per below:
Script to run is:
(path varies depending on your system)
5) Save the XML to a central network location my devices can get to
6) In my TV Guide (I use IVue) point the guide to my custom XML

Hope that helps.
(2017-01-24, 23:25)martinconroy Wrote: [ -> ]If it helps Zeroxstaticlife, these are the steps I'm taking...

1) I have built the WebGrab++.config file manually and tested in stand-alone WebGrab
2) Then, once happy using the import facility which primaeval kindly added
3) Because I run Kodi permanently on a central server to manage my shared database I am using this scheduling add-on to call the WebGrab addon at an interval:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=144378
4) Config as per below:
Script to run is:
(path varies depending on your system)
5) Save the XML to a central network location my devices can get to
6) In my TV Guide (I use IVue) point the guide to my custom XML

Hope that helps.

Thank you! That is very helpful! It sounds like Kodi and your webgrab files are on the same server. Would the script still work if Kodi is installed on the device and webgrab files are on the server?
Edit: sorry double post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24