Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WebGrab+Plus Configurator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(2017-10-23, 21:18)Infidelus Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I'm running Libreelec 8.02 with Tvheadend and I've been trying (unsuccessfully) for the last two days to import an XMLTV guide from tvguide.co.uk.

I've used the configurator to grab the channels and I've got an xml guide (three actually - guide_wgp.xml, guide.xml and mediaportal.xml), but I can't for the life of me get Tvheadend to import the data.

I've gone into the service addon settings for Tvheadend in Kodi and pointed it at guide_wgp.xml, and I've enabled the internal XMLTV module (tv_grab_file) setting in Tvheadend, but every time it tries to import the data, all I get is:

Code:
2017-10-23 20:09:13.885 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file
2017-10-23 20:09:13.887 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file"
2017-10-23 20:09:13.895 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: no output detected
2017-10-23 20:09:13.895 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab returned no data

I've also been in and out of various settings files via SSH to see if there's anything obvious, but no matter what I try, I end up with the same failed import.

Please help before I pull all of my hair out! Smile

TVHeadend and LibreELEC are very complicated beasts to set up.
In my /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/settings.xml file I have

Code:
<setting id="XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE" value="/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/guide_wgp.xml" />

Deep in the tvheadend configuration, I've got the internal and external xmltv EPG Grabber Modules enabled.
I'm not convinced I need the Internal one.
Thanks for the reply.

Your settings.xml looks the same as mine. I was assuming the internal XMLTV grabber (tv_grab_file) would be the correct one to use as it's just grabbing a file. I take it that's not the correct way to import the data then?
(2017-10-25, 13:04)Infidelus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply.

Your settings.xml looks the same as mine.  I was assuming the internal XMLTV grabber (tv_grab_file) would be the correct one to use as it's just grabbing a file.  I take it that's not the correct way to import the data then?

Mine looks like this.

The epg configuration screen looks like ths:
Again, yours looks very similar to mine - just named slightly differently.

I'm getting the feeling the version of Tvheadend in the repository is just broken.  I've followed another guide over on the Libreelec forums that have a workaround for the exact problem I have, and that doesn't seem to work either (I don't get the new grabber in Tvheadend)

Edit:

After looking at the Libreelec workaround again, I realised it said it was for busybox. I unedited the lines in the script and the grabber then showed in Tvheadend. I then ran it from the terminal and it failed, but after going back in and editing just one line, it 'seems' to be doing something now. I actually have channels in the EPG Grabber Channels tab in Tvheadend. It doesn't appear to have populated any data at the moment, but I shall give it a chance and see what happens.
Just another quick update to add that the minor tweak I made to the instructions over on the Libreelec forum worked and my guide has now populated.

The only lines of tv_grab_wg++ that needed editing in the end were:

Code:
- point xmltv_file_location in line 2 to the wg++'s guide_wgp.xml
- replace line 7 with:
if [ $# -lt 1 ]

Thanks for the replies! Smile
The website webgrabplus.com is not reachable. Anybody knows what is going on?
Hi all,

Is there anyone show me how to get directv.com site_id for local channels.

I've used Experimental Site Wizards then Directv.com, input my zip code and timezone, but the list doesn't have my local channels. others work well

Is there any way to find a local channels?

tv.com show up local channels but this site doesn't work.

I use LibreELEC 8.2 on box

Thanks very much!
I haven't touched this addon for quite some time. I'm surprised it still works as sites like directv change quite frequently and can destroy the scraping.

Are your webgrab program and site.ini files up to date. If you're on LibreELEC I don't know whether they are.

You might need to ask in the webgrab forum as sometimes they have new scrapers in there that aren't in the site.ini pack.
(2018-01-11, 23:58)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't touched this addon for quite some time. I'm surprised it still works as sites like directv change quite frequently and can destroy the scraping.

Are your webgrab program and site.ini files up to date. If you're on LibreELEC I don't know whether they are.

You might need to ask in the webgrab forum as sometimes they have new scrapers in there that aren't in the site.ini pack.
 Hi,

Thank you for quick reply, directv.com still works even the list so mess up. I just collect the site_id and manual add to WebGrab++.config.xml like this:

<channel update="i" site="directv.com" site_id="202" xmltv_id="202">CNN</channel>

I like to change xmltv_id to a number to use xmltv Id as channel shortcut.

In USA provider, just directv.com still works, tv.com and ustvnow.com don't.

BTW, I got error when using SchedulesDirect as a source in TV Guide Fullscreen, Error happens when I click to Change Schedules Direct Login. Just wonder is it working or not?

Thank you!
I can't check SchedulesDirect any more as they didn't update my account. I guess they don't need any more customers.

Is directtv good enough for you to still use or is there something that needs fixing from me?
I need some local channels and some channels form other provider, but WebGraper+ is limiited.

I used Zap2epg and get enough channels, but just one from Directv and the xmltv_id can not change to a number.

So it's really great if TV Guide Fullscreen have 2 options:

1. Add more sources: now just have two (in Lab3 I can add one more XMLTV.XML)
2. Be able to change xmltv_id to a numeric.

if you can add them to the addon that will be very appreciated.

Thank you!
If you can't change your xmltv file directly you can use 
TVGF\Settings\Playback\Channel Shortcuts\Shortcut Editor

It makes a file called
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\channel_id_shortcut.ini
that has a mapping from the channel name to a numeric id for the Channel Shortcuts.

I'll have a look at adding in another xmltv source but it is a bit complicated.
Try TVGF 0.0.378.
I added in a Tertiary xmltv Source in Lab3.
Hi,

I almost done with TVGF and the WebGrabers. Now I know how to make a channel shortcut.

It takes too long and not yet...

Your updates is so great, I appreciate that. I went to Webgrab forum and get some site.ini update as well.

Now I have some ways to build a TVGuide as I desire.

I am still finding how to access the categories faster, can you give me an advice?

I want to buy you some beers, but don't see your donation link. Please let me know how.

Thank you very much!
Thanks. Just do something nice for someone if they ask.

Some of the TVGF skins have a category bar you can get to by just going up.
There are some settings to change that behaviour.

You can also use the m menu key.

There is an Action Editor too that lets you map up something else to get to the category bar.

Setting up xmltv can take a while but you probably only have to do it once.
Then you have your perfect setup without any channels you don't watch in it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24