Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AT4 kodi error provisioning profile in ios app signer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi

i have apple tv 4 and a developer account but whenever i try to install kodi i have error in ios app signer the tvOS team provisioning profile it does not show the name that i create in xcode it is shown as a star (*) . but in the free account it does show the name and goes fine , what am i missing here Huh

this is the problem that i face in ios app signer:

any idea please !!!
The * profile is known as a wildcard profile

That can sign anything and unless you specify something that specifically needs its own profile Xcode won't create one

Just use the * profile, it will work

Also, an example of something that Xcode will generate a specific app profile for is if you enable App Groups which is needed if you want the Apple TV top shelf

And please don't double post...
sorry DanTheMan827

i create the ipa file but it won't install after that it said profile not found etc !!!!
I had profile problems and my kodi wouldent load on my iphone 6..
You know what worked for me which is a bit drastic ..
I wanted to totally delete me mac mini 2010 and take it back to the day i got it..total restore..
After the restore i downloaded xcode and appsighner..
Followed dans instruction to the letter..
And boom my kodi installed on my iphone first time..
Dans instructions work like a dream,the problem is people start getting there xcode and stuff all jumbled up and confused..
Im just saying..
Hi again

I try to add app groups and the profile name shows in the app signer finally I made the ipa file but at the end when I try to install the app this msg appeared:

a valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found ?!?!!!
(2016-08-13, 22:14)lazer1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again

I try to add app groups and the profile name shows in the app signer finally I made the ipa file but at the end when I try to install the app this msg appeared:

a valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found ?!?!!!

Okay, try this...

Go into the Xcode preferences and remove your developer account(s)

Open Keychain and delete anything that says iPhone Developer

Open Finder and delete everything in this folder ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles

Follow the app signer instructions from the beginning

Xcode will only give you the option to revoke your signing certificate though since you don't have a backup (this is okay)

Also, in the Xcode project make sure the correct team is selected
thanks a lot it works like a charm
Right i dont want to sound like a totall dumdum..
But when i open finder on my mac mini and try to search for /Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles
I cant find it..ive searcherd and searched..ps im a roofer sorry..
(2016-08-27, 09:37)dereklad Wrote: [ -> ]Right i dont want to sound like a totall dumdum..
But when i open finder on my mac mini and try to search for /Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles

If you go to finder and press cmd + shift + g, you'll type "/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles" and it'll come up
When I go to app signer I only have resign and custom as options in provisioning... why can't I get a list of profiles life the guy in the picture
(2016-08-29, 03:49)PhantomGrey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-27, 09:37)dereklad Wrote: [ -> ]Right i dont want to sound like a totall dumdum..

If you go to finder and press cmd + shift + g, you'll type "/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles" and it'll come up

Thanks mate that worked and ive magically got kodi installed again on my iphone 6..thanks..
No problem unfortunately I can't get it on my atv4 it's 9.2 and my Mac is sierra. I can't seem to get any provisioning profiles to show at all
(2016-08-30, 17:38)PhantomGrey Wrote: [ -> ]No problem unfortunately I can't get it on my atv4 it's 9.2 and my Mac is sierra. I can't seem to get any provisioning profiles to show at all

If you go to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles in finder do you have any files inside there?

It's a hidden folder so you'll need to use the go to option (Command+Shift+G)

If you don't have any files there you'll need to use Xcode to get them
I have files there but When I choose it, it says invalid provisioning file
Pages: 1 2