Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Widescreen Format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have joined this forum to hopefully solve this issue.

Quite simply none of films I watch via Kodi on my TV fire stick are in widescreen format.

Despite going to VIDEO and PLAYBACK in the setting and toggling between 4:3 and 16:9 and Nonlinear nothing changes.

I am not seeing the film as the director intended.

I am seeking the 'letterbox' format with the black bars top and bottom and all the action visible without losing anything on the right and left-hand sides of the screen.

If anybody could help it would be appreciated.
Sorry but you need to give more info. What hardware? What version of libreelec? Debug log to paste site? Mediainfo output for video file?
Thanks for replying, but to be honest I do not understand anything in your response.
Hardware is firestick, but aside from that follow this link - debug log (wiki) - on how to gather a debug log covering when your issue occurs, and then that needs to be copy/pasted to pastebin.com (do not paste it directly here) and the link that they will provide needs to be given in a post here so we can look at the log to see what may be going wrong.
I have solved the issue and it is probably basic for kodi aficionados, but I will include it below for kodi newbies like me not happy with how films look when they play them.

Choose any film and start watching it.

I have a remote for a fire stick and on that I press the round ok/select button.

Options will appear at the bottom of the screen including an icon that looks like a reel of movie film( these will differ according to the source of your film, some may be at the top of the screen and not have a movie reel, but they should include the vital options).

Click on it and the second option is view mode.

Click on it.

You will now be able to toggle through all the screen size options wide/zoom/normal/stretch etc.....

At the same time the film you are watching will change with each selections.

Once you have chosen the one you like scroll down to 'set as default for all media' and click to agree.
what is your source for the video file?

never mind that.. you seem to have solved your own problem.